Ubuntdroid the Only Option for Opt T?

nickolasj80

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is Ubuntdroid the only custom ROM available for Optimus T?

I've looked high and low, and it seems all other ROMs are for the "S" variety of Optimus?

florrain

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
there is also JoeMomROM v1-Optimus T, google it as I don't have the actual link handy. I'm running Ubuntdroid on mine and like it much better than the T-mobile rom.

___TAKUMI___

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Was just about ask the same question. When I am at home I have to have wifi calling ubunt ROM has it and it works better than the wifi does with tmobile factory rom. Why? I don't know?? The only thing I have found wrong with the UD4 is facebook. Which kinda sucks but they say you can delete it and just download the Facebook fb app But that is why I am at Android central today trying to figure out a way to delete it. I have used esfile manager and another program I can look at the app but it won't let me read or write, etc ---protected.
So I am tard proofing myself and reading more info there are more out there just haven't tried them.
I will start a thread!

Bad_Opt_T

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Was just about ask the same question. When I am at home I have to have wifi calling ubunt ROM has it and it works better than the wifi does with tmobile factory rom. Why? I don't know?? The only thing I have found wrong with the UD4 is facebook. Which kinda sucks but they say you can delete it and just download the Facebook fb app But that is why I am at Android central today trying to figure out a way to delete it. I have used esfile manager and another program I can look at the app but it won't let me read or write, etc ---protected.
So I am tard proofing myself and reading more info there are more out there just haven't tried them.
I will start a thread!

I didn't want to post in your new thread only due to the issue of there only being 2 confirmed Optimus T Roms. JoeMomRom and Ubuntdroid... outside of these two there aren't anything else being developed as far as I know of. Are you also taking info about Roms from the Optimus One P500?

___TAKUMI___

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Bad OPT T
I don't know? My whole idea was to create a quick reference to ROMs for the optimus t. Then if someone wanted to use a certain ROM they would have to google or search it out. The Heads up area is suppose to be for things such as wifi doesn't work, facebook text isn't viewable, etc
So to answer the question yeah definitely put down the p500 ROMS if they work on T and just give short thoughts on the ROM.
I actually was think that you would be one to post on it. Thank you so much for your help and opinion so far, you have definitely pushed me in the right direction.

Last edited:

michael.ahdett

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
No optimus one roms will have wifi calling in them, that is something that only the T roms have. If wifi calling is a must for you, you can either use titanium backup to transfer the app between roms (probably won't work), or you're stuck with the narrow (and honestly, not particularly attractive) choice of optimus T roms.

@Takumi - use titanium backup (free version in the market) to remove the FB app from Ubuntroid, then simply download the market version.

florrain

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
cyanogen unofficial

I have been running Ubuntdroid for a couple of months, great ROM, the only thing that had me looking to replace it was the unclean shutdown issue, which caused me to have to replace home screen icons after every reboot. I'm now running an "unofficial" cm7 from [DEV][UNOFFICIAL][ROM][stable build: beta6.3] CyanogenMod 7.0.2 (Android 2.3.3) - xda-developers. This rom rocks, just follow the directions, wipe,wipe,wipe!
No more shut down issues, 1041 on quadrant (after franco's tweaks). snappy ROM, I recommend it!

Last edited:

Find-It

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation! I have been following the thread with interest. Have you tried mik_os version of the CM ROM?

PS I have been using devoid/Franco and openOptimus ROMs on my Optimus T.

florrain

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Mik's rom is very good, One thing that i noticed was that my battery was going down in less than a day, but switching from "smartass" governor to "powersave" in cm7 settings fixed that, now I only need to charge it overnight, (unless I use known drainers like maps or lots of wifi surfing.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RebelSynn