Ugh! My first drop!

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
3 months into owning my nice, scratchless droid and i JUST dropped it..ugh..perfection with a small chip in the corner..never shoulda put it in my shirt pocket :( oh well..works fine still :)

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I've dropped mine a dozen or so time since owning mine. Thankfully the hard case has protected it from any visible signs of damage and everything internally works perfectly. If fact, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the Droid is built. It's a solid phone.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I dropped mine the first month I had it in a parking lot it even bounced under my car and walked away with a few minor scratches.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I've dropped it 3 times to date and i only have one small blemish where it looks like the paint chipped. I dropped it yesterday, but I luckily managed to break its fall with my foot :p I know not a great solution, but better than a direct drop on the floor I felt.

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Ouch. Screen cover time? Protect what you have remaining.

I've had the screen protector on it the whole time..its got a small blemish from the drop, but still disappointed to see the new mark on the corner..

I used to use the cheap hard case that came with it from the verizon store, but since I bought the car mount its been too much of a pain to take it off, then put it back on so much.

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I threw mine about 4 feet in the air and probably at least 6 feet away from me by accident. It just kind of flew out of my hand and landed on the ground. Thank goodness for my body glove case, which btw is now broken, just the top part that covers the screen is, I think verizon said they would replace cases for free if they broke, the little clips that held it on broke off.

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I threw mine about 4 feet in the air and probably at least 6 feet away from me by accident. It just kind of flew out of my hand and landed on the ground. Thank goodness for my body glove case, which btw is now broken, just the top part that covers the screen is, I think verizon said they would replace cases for free if they broke, the little clips that held it on broke off.

Ouch! My heart would sink and my stomach would drop if I saw my phone goin through the air like that, no matter what case it had on it...

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Wow and I thought my 3 drops were crazy.

I dropped it about 3 times now.
Was putting it into my holster and it clipped my shirt, so it didnt go in all the way. I walked up to get something and BAM fell flat on the screen. Worked like it was never dropped. Fell from about 3ft-4ft off the ground.

Same thing with the second time, except it landed on the back.

Third time it slipped out my hand and flew about 2ft-3ft infront of me from like 3ft off the ground.

My phone still works perfectly ;)

Last edited:
R

Roy Aguilera

Wow and I thought my 2 drops were crazy.

Was putting it into my holster and it clipped my shirt, so it didnt go in all the way. I walked up to get something and BAM fell flat on the screen. Worked like it was never dropped. Fell from about 3ft-4ft off the ground.

Third time it slipped out my hand and flew about 2ft-3ft infront of me from like 3ft off the ground.

I'd hate to be your phone. :eek:

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow and I thought my 3 drops were crazy.

I love having a phone who's majority of the structure is metal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe