Ugly Orange Messages in Lollipop - How do you change it?

Ryu Matsuo

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
What the hell after update my setting and messege all is white how to change color to black my eyes hurt pls help me. Sorry my english not perfect

Steve Wells4

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I found the answer. It isn't great but gets rid of the orange.
The Touchwiz Lollipop skin has a limited number of color schemes available to use that can be accessed through Developer Options. I am not entirely sure what the purpose for them really is since they merely drain away colors and mute everything. Anyway, the new way to access Developer Options is to go to the About Device under the More tab in your settings and scroll down to Build Number. Keep tapping Build Number until the Developer Options are turned on (you will see a message below where you are tapping). In the Developer Options now under the More tab, scroll way down to Simulate color space. You'll 4 options including grayscale/monochromatic.

Sadly the greyscale makes everything black and white and the other options make my phone look likes it's been to a barbi acid party.

What on earth possed them to do this.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah at this point it's either an extra app or a rooty-toot-toot with some sort of mod. And there are some people who can't even do that (I'm looking at you AT&T).

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah at this point it's either an extra app or a rooty-toot-toot with some sort of mod. And there are some people who can't even do that (I'm looking at you AT&T).

You disable the stock message app and just install the Verizon one, it isn't a large app. My backup and sync from the stock app on AT&T still works.

wetermommy

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Been using the Verizon & app with my at&t note 4 for about 4 weeks now and gotta say I'm really happy with it!

rsnepo

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Textra is not working well in Samsung devices...b4 my s4 and now my s5 same thing...you can send and received messages but no notification sound...that's so stupid apps

Andrew Harvey1

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
When you are texting with someone > top right 3 dots menu > people & options > "People in this conversation" has a color pallette to the right of it > select the color.

I just registered to solve this issue.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I think you're on about the Google Messaging app? There's no option to change colour in stock Messaging app.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Here's another thing I found out about the VzW Messages, one can choose the message notification LED Color. ������

Maybe orange? :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-15-16-55-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-15-16-55-25.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2015-07-15-16-55-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-15-16-55-29.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 67

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
For those of you using Messages+ by Verizon, do you get bubble notifications in the dock?

I'm thinking of trying it out, but before I go through all the trouble, wondering if it has those. It's a deal breaker for me without.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
For those of you using Messages+ by Verizon, do you get bubble notifications in the dock?

I'm thinking of trying it out, but before I go through all the trouble, wondering if it has those. It's a deal breaker for me without.

Do you mean the notification at the top?

Attachments

• 1437179962402.jpg
    1437179962402.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali