UK: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

Kath1404

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know what the next step is on the Samsung upgrade program?
I suppose they contact us?

i got a return pack today in the post - not opened yet though had more important things to attend to. Got email about returning note 8 yesterday too. Nobody else got one?

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Just to keep our little UK N9 corner alive, how have people got their device setup and what are the early impressions?

Screenshot below, Nova Prime , Tesla Unread , Pixel Icons. Using my Rinke Fusion case. ESR liquiskin wet screen protector.

Battery -Early impressions are very good. Too early for better assumptions but it already feels better than the 8.

Love the new SPen. It will only get better as the APK is open.

Screen seems marginally brighter on Netflix HDR. Sound is 100pc better.

Camera, can't comment yet but as usual I will be the limiting factor.

Radios- hard to prove, but in a known spot my 4G speed was 50pc more than I have ever seen before. Also shows 4G+ in status bar.
Volte and WiFi out the box is very welcome, especially on my duos.Screenshot_20180825-115806_Nova%20Launcher.jpg

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I've been playing around with it all bloody night lol, didn't get to bed until 3am then up at 6.30 but tut.
Tried loads of themes but I put the stock one back on for now lol.

I've noticed camera in low light much better than the 8, it does feel snappier, not tried it with DeX yet, can't comment on that, I've only one case so far, looked at loads but not really taken with any, not really impressed with the Samsung rugged case either which I usually get, but I do have the Caseology Legion coming in a week or two.
Screen to me is pretty much the same as the 8 with very slightly wider bezels on the side, but the phone feels great in the hand and looks.gorgeous!
No stutters or lag anywhere, I have put in my 32gb class 10 micro SD card (too lazy to copy all the stuff to the phone) not sure I'll ever use the 2nd sim, we'll see.

Generally very pleased, sad that the Note 8 is going, it's been a great phone but there's a new kid on the block now!

Still no return packaging or email for the Note 8.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've so far faffed with it and swapped out the Spigen for the Ringke Fusion case. IMHO; the Ringke case feels cheap (it was only £0.99 with that discount); but still; I'd have been pissed if I paid £12 for it, it does feel like a £0.99p case to me

The screen is so much better than my previous Pixel 2XL; overall the more vertical real estate makes it for me, it's nicer in the hand as well and it's just as I remember my Note 8

I'm running Nova as I always do but with Polycon icons this time around and I've fitted a digital clock widget thats 2x1, so it fits nicely under the icons I have at the top and doesn't hinder the Calvin & Hobbes wallpaper I use ;)

It's also nice to be back using wireless charging! That did annoy me re the Pixel 2XL

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Moving from the s8 to this Black 512Gb N9 is a huge upgrade for me and it's my first Note phone.

Picked it up from a UK Samsung Experience Store on Friday.

The

It's awesome.

I'll be using a.....

Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper.

dbrand Black Camo Back Skin.

WhiteStone Dome Glass Screen Protector.

All on order.

Right now it's in a cheap tpu case with its in-transit plastic still on it.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've so far faffed with it and swapped out the Spigen for the Ringke Fusion case. IMHO; the Ringke case feels cheap (it was only £0.99 with that discount); but still; I'd have been pissed if I paid £12 for it, it does feel like a £0.99p case to me

The screen is so much better than my previous Pixel 2XL; overall the more vertical real estate makes it for me, it's nicer in the hand as well and it's just as I remember my Note 8

I'm running Nova as I always do but with Polycon icons this time around and I've fitted a digital clock widget thats 2x1, so it fits nicely under the icons I have at the top and doesn't hinder the Calvin & Hobbes wallpaper I use ;)

It's also nice to be back using wireless charging! That did annoy me re the Pixel 2XL
Agree on the Fusion case having had it on today. Great for 0.99. not so great for £12.

Absolutely love my Spigen Clear hybrid tough for it. Shows the blue off nice. Except it's quite hard to get the SPen out with the depth of the cut outs on the rear. My nails are just not long enough.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Might be the new device rose tinted glasses, but the radio on this 9 seems way better then the 8.

Stronger signal and speed greater in a known spot. Achieved over 160Meg where I usually get around 100 in the same area. ( Download large iso's )

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm gonna take it back re the Ringke Fusion-X case; I'm liking it more & more as I've had it fitted today

The Spigen case is great; but it feels a bit slippery in hand; the Ringke is deffo more grippier

I've ordered the Caseology Skyfall case today; should arrive tomorrow, so will report back on that when it lands: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Caseology-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6321643

I've sent the Unicorn Beetle rugged Supcase back; its not going to get used as the amFilm glass protector is doing a cracking job, so prefer to not have the bulk of the rugged case

But the Supcase clear case looks good; very similar to the Skyfall case though

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Old note 8 flashed with BTU / XOM . Factory reset and all packaged up to go back to the mother ship.

All in all been the best device yet.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Old note 8 flashed with BTU / XOM . Factory reset and all packaged up to go back to the mother ship.

All in all been the best device yet.

Didn't get anything from Samsung yet, what's the process?
If nothing arrives on Tuesday then I'll contact them.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Didn't get anything from Samsung yet, what's the process?
If nothing arrives on Tuesday then I'll contact them.
Sent me a letter Saturday morning.
Had a self stick address label and bag in it.

Had to return mine to BTU / XOM from EVR.
Then did factory reset. Only have to return phone. Used original box with bubble rap inside and out.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Sent me a letter Saturday morning.
Had a self stick address label and bag in it.

Had to return mine to BTU / XOM from EVR.
Then did factory reset. Only have to return phone. Used original box with bubble rap inside and out.

Thanks, I'll keep a look out, and I agree, a great phone the Note 8, faultless in the time I had it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire