Question Umidigi5_MP27 Android 13

BlackyDev

May 26, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have some problems with Android 13:

Umidigi 5 - MP27

Build:UMIDIGI_G5.E_V1.0_20240117

Android 13

1) the scan qr code button in the quick settings drop-down menu always remains active and I cannot deactivate it, whether I install or not install third-party apps

How can I fix???

2 ) in the settings app ( app:Settings

package:com.android.settings

Launcher:com.android.settings.Settings), there is a function that allows you to clone WhatsApp but, when it is activated, the settings app no longer opens, it continues to freeze.

How can I fix it???

3) the Google search bar is cursed, if I search for one of the apps installed on the phone, it searches for me on the web.

I need to remove the search bar from app drawer and just leave the search for installed apps

How can I fix???

For blocks that I didn't understand where they came from (cause point 2) I reset the phone to factory settings several times, reconfiguring everything... I would like to resolve if possible without resetting the phone again

The assistance rather than sending automatic messages and calling out to the seller or the obligation of remote connection with the device because otherwise we don't give support, they don't do

With redmi8t I have never had any problems

Thanks for the help in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For #1, what do you mean that the QR Scan button is "active"? Do you mean that it's lit up? On my Pixel 7 Pro, the QR Code Scanner button isn't lit up, but tapping it simply opens the Camera app to scan a QR; in other words, it's just a shortcut. It doesn't mean the Camera app is constantly on. I suspect that the Umidigi engineers simply decided to have the Quick Setting button lit up at all times on Umidigi's UI.

For #2, is the app clone option only for WhatsApp, or is it for other social media apps like X, Facebook, etc.? If so, does it also freeze for them?

#3 may be more of a bug in Umidigi's UI (rather than something Google did). You'd have to contact Umidigi support about this, but the big downside of lesser known manufacturers like these is that support is usually minimal to nonexistent. Instead, you could consider installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova.

BlackyDev

May 26, 2024
Visit site
For #1, what do you mean that the QR Scan button is "active"? Do you mean that it's lit up? On my Pixel 7 Pro, the QR Code Scanner button isn't lit up, but tapping it simply opens the Camera app to scan a QR; in other words, it's just a shortcut. It doesn't mean the Camera app is constantly on. I suspect that the Umidigi engineers simply decided to have the Quick Setting button lit up at all times on Umidigi's UI.

For #2, is the app clone option only for WhatsApp, or is it for other social media apps like X, Facebook, etc.? If so, does it also freeze for them?

#3 may be more of a bug in Umidigi's UI (rather than something Google did). You'd have to contact Umidigi support about this, but the big downside of lesser known manufacturers like these is that support is usually minimal to nonexistent. Instead, you could consider installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova.
Hi B.Diddy

#1 yes, it always stays on. Even in my old redmi8t it was turned off and remained on only when in use. I tried looking at the settings but couldn't find anything

#2 I don't know if it's also for other social networks because I haven't used them for a long time.

In general there is a slowdown on app loading.

Besides this I noticed that I had to put "Launche for Android 13 style", remove the user (myself) to be able to use the settings again and from there a slight general slowdown was generated

#3 honestly the support isn't very present.. I was already thinking about changing launcher... Thank you for the suggestion but, honestly, I'm not clear on what changes between the various launchers, apart from the graphics

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I doubt that the QR scanner app is persistently active -- it's more likely that the Umidigi engineers made it so that the Quick Settings button is lit up all the time. I have a few Quick Settings buttons that are always lit, like Wallet, Home, and Security & Privacy. It doesn't mean these apps are constantly working and using battery.

I specifically suggested using Nova because it allows you to modify the search bar in the App Drawer.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

BlackyDev

May 26, 2024
Visit site
thanks for everything B.Diddy. one last thing please if possible regarding the drop-down menu, what would you recommend to have something where I can have smaller buttons and above all, I'm not saying much, but at least a minimum customisable?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a tricky thing to ask, because whereas the App Drawer can be easily modified by a 3rd party launcher, the Quick Settings panel cannot -- I believe that is completely dependent on the firmware. I would guess that the only way you could possibly modify the Quick Settings panel would be to install a custom ROM, and that would be up to the person who developed the ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3