Unfortunately hangouts has stopped

christenskg

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Earlier this week I updated my edge to 5.1.1. Ever since I randomly get the error message "unfortunately hangouts has stopped". I have never used hangouts and it has been disabled since the day I got my phone. I tried clearing the cache and it still happens. I use the stock texting app and have never even looked at hangouts. I tried to diagnose what was causing this, but it happens at random times. Anybody else seeing this? Any ideas on fixes?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I get this from time to time on my LG G4 as well. It's annoying.....I know that Hangouts has stopped, I am the one who disabled it!

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, from another forum, you have Hangouts disabled, but you may still be signed in (you probably inadvertently signed in when you set up your device).
First, go to Application Manager, select All, find Hangouts and Enable it (but, don't bother updating).
Then open Hangouts, go to Settings, click on your Google/Gmail account name, scroll to the bottom, click on Sign Out. Do this for any Google accounts you see in Hangouts, if you have more than one gmail account associated with it.

Then go back to Application Manager and Disable Hangouts again.

I just did that (sounds reasonable to me!) and I was signed in (in Hangouts) and did not realize it.. So, we will see how this works!

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I think Google had break the hangout service.. I had disable the hangout service because I'd been using Samsung messages. But I still keep receiving this error. Sometimes it's annoying.

BTW. Is there a way to report this to Google?

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

aswasson

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I just updated to Lollipop 5.1 and its doing the same thing, never did it before. I have it disabled on my droid and I have Verizon. Any fixes?

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I try to enable back the hangout. Seems resolve the issue. Now I didn't see the hangout has stop working error anymore.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

whiteurst

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I just found this "solution," but i haven't yet done it.

"Go back into settings>application manager>disabled and re-enable the Hangouts app. Open Hangouts, then click the menu button, click your username, then choose settings. Scroll to the bottom and "Sign Out". The app should close automatically. Then go back into settings>application manager and clear data then Disable the Hangout app again."