"Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped" Error

krung krung

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Plss tell me how can i fixed it

Ok... tried that and still no go!!! :-\
That's a neat thing to know though,... I did it twice without holding the "home" button and then reread your instructions. I was giddy with the possibility of getting it working again.
While I was waiting for a reply I was dinking with it myself.
After I hit messaging and before I would get the error, I would hold the home button down until task manager came up, and with a free finger touch the messaging icon and all my text messages would show up, but the error would then override any attempts to click on a message.
After hittiing "ok" on the error, it would all go back to black and close.
Hopefully someone that has had this happen will see my desperate post and reply!
Thanks for that other tip though GD97!

Last edited by a moderator:

GBPL

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Krung after I installed "mighty text" did my regular text messaging app work again....I still use mighty text as my main messaging system.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Michael Balazki

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx is doing the same thing. The phone automatically updated to the new system last night which was 5/21/14 and now texting doesn't work. I found this thread while searching for a solution.

I am still looking for a solution...

brebre1894

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem... the way I fixed it was by going to settings>applications>all>messaging and then press "Force Stop"

I hope this helps you as well!!!

JoAnn Beall

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Heres what fixed my Samsung galaxy s2 unfortunately your email bla bla bla well its...settings / applications/ find gmail and click uninstall and its fixed.

Grace Walker

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I also had this problem. Kept getting this message when re-reading received messages, and, couldn't attach multimedia files. Found the answer from kspohn at an oneplus one forum. Thanks kspohn. It worked.

AT&T People without mms working here is the solution.

Call AT&T support. Go to wireless tech support when going through all the press # for (department name) mumbo jumbo.

Tell them you got a new phone and you need to activate mms on it by giving them IMEI number located on the packaging of your Oneplus One box particularly by the bar code sticker. This is like a SS for your specific phone

They will then ask you to power cycle the phone (turn it off for 10 sec) so call them originally with another phone.

They will then send a test mms to make sure it works. This only works for the global version of the phone so....... yea

Some At&T employees are aware of this phone... guy bro AT&T guy said it looked uber sweetles.

shamroxxx

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Fudge, yeah I had to factory reset my S4. The error messages were relentless. Clearing data and cache for messaging didn't work. Wiping cache partition in recovery mode didn't work. I'm running 4.4.2 at the moment. It's working good now. :cool:

Jeong-Wook Seo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
it is clashing between massage program and text input program.

use basic set input and if it is not work.. download android text input..

or you can remove text input app and re-instell iit

litofdarkness

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem in my galaxy note 3. To solve it go to SETTINGS---APPLICATION MANAGER--- ALL--- MESSAGES--- CLEAR CACHE---- CLEAR DATA---- FORCE STOP.
The problem will be solved.

Alin Patriche

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Updated my Sony Z3 Compact (D5803 D5833) to Android Lollipop 5.0.2 last night and i started receiving the same error - i tried all previous solutions (Clear Data, Clear Cache, Uninstall updated, etc..) nothing worked - then i installed Google's messenger (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging) and it worked - good luck to all!

musmattta

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, tried wiping cache and some other posted solutions, but thething that fixed it for me was going into my contact list and finding a contact i knew i had messages from and clicked the "new message" icon in contacts, got me right to the convo, and everything worked great since, good luck

Girt Hillbill

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello to you. This is a reply to... JEONG-WOOK SEO...Thanks so much for your suggestion about the text input method.. I have tried everything for months and nothing worked. Always done factory reset..Then I tried your suggestion and IT WORKS. No more "messaging has stopped " error, which popped up everytime i tried to send and recieve pictures or photos on my phone. And when I tried to take photos.. It was Very Very annoying.....I have pinned your answer on Pinterest so it helps others okay. Cheers and thanks so very much xo Girt