Unfortunately Pokemon go has stopped

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Ever since the recent update I've had the message come up saying unfortunately Pokemon go has stopped & I get chucked out of the app. I've had it twice. I've cleared the cache of the app which seems to solve it for a while but it appears after a few days. Is there a way to stop it doing this every few days?

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling a fresh copy? Sometimes updates just don't take right and reinstalling will sometimes fix this.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok will do this as it just happened again for the third time.

I have a moto x force/droid turbo 2 running Marshmallow 6.0

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Uninstalled it but it still happened again today but this time my wallpaper disappeared for a little bit then reappeared & my phone screen went blank & locked itself as if I had locked the screen. Dunno why I get this everyday.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalled it but it still happened again today but this time my wallpaper disappeared for a little bit then reappeared & my phone screen went blank & locked itself as if I had locked the screen. Dunno why I get this everyday.

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing some issues with the app. It's an app that takes up a lot of power - I know the app freezes on me sometimes or my phone gets warm because of it.

Not sure if Pokémon Go has a customer service support site, but you can always find their Facebook page (an official one) and see if anyone else has been experiencing the same issues. Or Google it to see if anyone has found a solution.

Hope this gets fixed for you soon!

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I googled it last night & someone said to clear the cache & clear data but I'm to scared to clear data incase anything gets deleted.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I googled it last night & someone said to clear the cache & clear data but I'm to scared to clear data incase anything gets deleted.

As long as it's just the apps data you'll be fine. It will delete all app data, but your account is safe on the server.

Uninstalling should clear the app data though, so it likely won't help. Still, nothing to lose in the trying.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Another website said to boot into recovery & clear the cache then restart the phone. May try that if it happens again but today it hasn't happened which is strange but good.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok it's been a few days now & after that real bad crash where my wallpaper disappeared for a few seconds I haven't had the issue since. How strange & wonder what fixed it?