Unlock your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 for free!

Bajanbox

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unlock your ATT Galaxy Note 2 for free!

Once your Galaxy note is unlocked; does that mean you can tether with an ATT account? I have a 2 year contract with ATT...what does unlocking now do for me?

No it's for using your phone on a different network!! Tethering comes from a custom Rom!

Tried it for my att note but i get different options :( cant do it

Your going to have to downgrade your software back too 4.1.1, if you received an upgrade!

Same with me. Option 4 in the network process doesnt list it on mine

Same as above. You'll have to downgrade in order to get all the menu's!

didnt work for me, when I follow the steps and hit the back button after the share off setting it closes the menu and goes back to the keypad. I go back into the menu and dont see that last step setting anywhere. I insert different sim card and it says sim locked and asks for code, which I dont have. anyone else have this problem? i have android 4.1.2 galaxy note 2 sgh-i317

Time to downgrade:D. You need 4.1.1 so you'll have everything you need in the hidden menu.. Just Odin back to stock, with the first firmware release, and you should b fine then. Had to do the same thing to my buddies TMO note 2. So he could use it on AT&T network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

SultanGris

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

ok, thanks a million! I figured they changed or closed it with the update but wasnt sure if there was a new trick or if i had to revert. thanks for info.

jasguild

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

after down grading and unlocking, can I then upgrade again without losing the unlock?

If no, what am I missing out on upgrade 4.1.2??

More importantly, now that android 5.0 is on the horizon, what will this mean?

Finally does rooting affect the sim lock in anyway?

Thanks

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

after down grading and unlocking, can I then upgrade again without losing the unlock?

If no, what am I missing out on upgrade 4.1.2??

More importantly, now that android 5.0 is on the horizon, what will this mean?

Finally does rooting affect the sim lock in anyway?

Thanks

I unlocked my Note II while I was still at 4.1.1 using this method. And then 4.1.2 was pushed by AT&T to my phone. After the updated, I am still unlocked. I think the biggest thing in 4.1.2 is the multi-task windows update. I actually turn mine off after the update.

Isadora Vieiralves

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Hey, I bought one AT&T galaxy note 2 .. It was suposed to come unlocked, but it didn't and I bout it at amazon .. So they gave me one 8 digit code to unlock it. I saw all the videos showing how to use the code, but I live I'm Brazil, and when I put my GSM SIM card it just shows on the phone that there is no SIM card and it does not show the black screen that asks for the unlock code. I saw thar you could call for some numbers with the unlock code too, but when I do it show a message "emergency calls only" and nothing Happends .. What should I do ? Please, help me ! Thanks :)

beameup2

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

peace do you have to put in the star and pounds key at the begining and end thanks will buy you a beer when finish waiting for phone.att i317

Robynn Sabath

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

I am going to be travelling internationally shortly, and I want to unlock my phone for my trip. I do not have the SIM card I will be using yet and when I enter the code from the guide on my phone, nothing happens. I do not want to root my phone, but I suspect the reason nothing is happening is because I have whatever the latest Android update is (4.1.2?)
Any suggestions on how to get my phone unlocked now?

w0ng

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

just follow the first post here

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Robynn Sabath

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

If you have the update and don't want to downgrade/root:

ATT policyfor smartphones is after 90 days of service you can call them and they will give you your phones's unique code.

ayo234

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

If your on 4.1.2 all you have to do is flash a 4.1.1 modem and do the unlock method. There is a list of kernels on xda under the attached note 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

yellafella38

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I've learned on today, if you aren't with AT&T for more then 6 months, you can't get the unlock code from them or anyone else. So don't pay any money to have some company, that claims to be able to unlock your phone. It's bull*#@$, but hey what can you do about it.

maine4me

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

I need to unlock my GN2, if I get the unlock code from AT&T will I still have to revert to 4.1.1 ? I have 4.1.2 right now. Is there a step by step tutorial on how to downgrade to 4.1.1? If I need to downgrade will I lose everything I have on my phone? If you have not guessed already, I have no clue about this stuff. Thanks :)

BabyBrwneyez

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site

I wish i would have checked this before paying $20. The results still end the same..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

darwe

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

how can i find the link, i have found out that my GN 2 has firmware ver 4.1.2, and thus i can't find option 4 to unlock it

George Alexiades

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

I put my Sim card in the phone & I entered the code number but it said unsuccessful. Do I need to have an ATT sim card in the phone in order to unlock it?

waimeagal

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

I got the unlock code today from ATT for my GN2 SGH-I317. I was ready to go to battle with them but they actually came through with it. I inserted a T-Mobile sim and unlock code of 60248279. Worked like a charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny