Unlocked HTC One X vs Unlocked GNEX

AZA311

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey Y'all

So now that HOX can be unlocked, what makes GNEX stand out?

I am buying a new phone next month. At first I was settled on the GNEX.

Then I heard there were weak radio/signal problems. So I turned my attention to HOX.

Then I heard the weak radio/signal problem was mainly on CDMA GNEX - not GSM GNEX. I live in Asia so that makes me GSM!

But now, I cannot fully escape from the appeal of HOX.

The main use of my phone would be for getting the latest news, medias and customization. Not taking photos, games or even making phone calls lollllll. (only from time to time)

I like the lower price of the GNEX and the sleek black design. But the HOX is more powerful and crisper screen according to most.

And I do not like Sense but now that root is possible, it's not a problem anymore.

Opinions? Help :eek:

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I would take the One x, simply because of the far superior hardware. Still, this is a matter of opinion, Nexus phones are always a good choice.

AZA311

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I would take the One x, simply because of the far superior hardware. Still, this is a matter of opinion, Nexus phones are always a good choice.

Thanks for replying.

So you are saying that once unlocked, HTC One X and GNEX are essentially the same in terms of user interface. Only the hardware sets them apart?

Oh oh, that doesn't look good for my bank account. :(

Any comments on signal issues? 3G and Wi-Fi are going to be imperative for me.

Screen?

What would I need all that extra horsepower for?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
No, that's not what I'm saying. I guess if you've put a similar ROM on them, they'll be the same. The One X will have better battery life (with the S4 at least), and the screen is much better. The general horespower increase isn't "needed" per se, but makes for a smoother experience. It's worth noting, however, that both devices are pretty smooth in day to day usage. Signal/radio depends on where you are, don't know much about that myself.

furygoalbrtis39

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It really all depends on you op, the hardware on the HOX is superior, but its still early in the release so there are bugs that still persist. The GNex has been out for a while, so most of the bugs are probably fixed. It really is all up to you op. Best of luck with whatever phone you get!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

AZA311

May 26, 2012
Visit site
No, that's not what I'm saying. I guess if you've put a similar ROM on them, they'll be the same. The One X will have better battery life (with the S4 at least), and the screen is much better. The general horespower increase isn't "needed" per se, but makes for a smoother experience. It's worth noting, however, that both devices are pretty smooth in day to day usage. Signal/radio depends on where you are, don't know much about that myself.

I am in Asia Thailand. I think we only get GSM right? Are most reports of weak signal/radio for CDMA versions? or both?

It was weird, the other day I tested a demo GNEX at a store and the Wi-Fi connections was showing full bars but I couldn't load YouTube. Then the sales guy came over and must have logged in to the network and YouTube page was able to load. But video could not and would not stream. I wanted to test HD display.

The stupid thing was I didn't test out other phones to see if it was just their store network problem. But all these reports on the internet on poor signal/radio on GNEX doesn't reassure me.

AZA311

May 26, 2012
Visit site
It really all depends on you op, the hardware on the HOX is superior, but its still early in the release so there are bugs that still persist. The GNex has been out for a while, so most of the bugs are probably fixed. It really is all up to you op. Best of luck with whatever phone you get!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I need people to make decisions for me sometimes hahahaaaa. It really works best like that sometimes.

I see you are using HTC One X....hmmmmm lol

I am sure HTC One X will get a lot of support from the Development Community which practically makes the GNEX update/flashing/ROM appeal void...............would you say?

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
The two things I hate most about my Nexus are terrible battery life and the camera. I only get about 2 hours with the screen on. Not sure how much better the One X is though. Since you don't care about the camera, I suggest you go to the One X forum and ask how battery life is there. Then do the same in the Google Galaxy Nexus forum, as this forum is for the Verizon version and battery life may be different.

Other than battery life and the camera, I'd rather the Nexus. The difference in screen quality is barely noticable to me and I'd much rather have a Nexus.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
In therms of overall brute performance I would the OneX. But even with it being unlocked it will not be the same as a Nexus from a roming stand point imo. If you want something new and fast the One X. If you want that easy to rom, and experiment phone the Nexus is still that. Plus we have to remember the Nexus is old compared to the one x.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
addrom