Unlocked Note 9 on Verizon

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
My 512GB Note 9 arrived yesterday and I took my Verizon SIM out of my 128GB Verizon-branded Note 9 and put it into my unlocked Note 9. I noticed on My Verizon that my device isn't being shown, even though my device ID is there and the IMEI number. I also noticed that instead of showing "4G LTE" by the signal, it shows "LTE+". Is this normal? Amazon's site said the unlocked Note 9 is compatible with Verizon...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It should be. If you're getting voice, text and reasonable mobile data speed, it's working properly. LTE is a 4G technology. Different carriers change the stock Android to say different things when you get a {4G LTE | LTE+ | whatever} connection. My Pixel 2 just shows a filled in triangle for a mobile data connection.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's fine for LTE. Verizon modifies the software to say the 4g LTE with their symbol that they like.

As for not showing I wouldn't worry. They only show images of the phone when it's their branded one.

My 512GB Note 9 arrived yesterday and I took my Verizon SIM out of my 128GB Verizon-branded Note 9 and put it into my unlocked Note 9. I noticed on My Verizon that my device isn't being shown, even though my device ID is there and the IMEI number. I also noticed that instead of showing "4G LTE" by the signal, it shows "LTE+". Is this normal? Amazon's site said the unlocked Note 9 is compatible with Verizon...

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
That's what I thought but I just wanted to check. It makes calls and I get texts just fine so everything is good.

Thank you for your responses!

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon will not show an image of your phone because it's unlocked. This happened to me when I had an unlocked S8+. You also will not have the same 4g LTE sold on an unlocked phone. As long as your 4g sleds are fine then you have nothing to with about. With an unlocked phone you loose WiFi calling as well.

Also if you're using Verizon's phone insurance with an unlocked phone, cancel it. They will not honor a claim for an unlocked phone. I spoke with a Verizon rep and one of the insurance reps.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Also if you're using Verizon's phone insurance with an unlocked phone, cancel it. They will not honor a claim for an unlocked phone. I spoke with a Verizon rep and one of the insurance reps.

Thanks. I'll cancel it. The paperwork that came with my phone said I could get Samsung Premium Care for my Note 9.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiviwin68