Unresponsive and error " System process isn't responding" for days!

grayisagirl

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday my G5 suddenly became unresponsive, I can't navigate it at all, it looks like the screen was freezing, but after a while I noticed that is actually the system interface hanged, I still can see the home screen but touch it and no response at all, I tried to pull down the notification centre, it can be pulled down but whichever icon I tapped e.g. WiFi or rotation, it can only be activated and can't be deactivated on the second touch. After 10 seconds or so the error pop-up shows "System process isn't responding, do you want to close it?" , neither "wait" nor "ok" work! and a few moments later after this error msg, the phone will automatically try to reboot, but then the screen stuck at LG logo with the glare animation streaking across the LOGO, last for hours and nothing happen, and the battery drains so fast until it gets very hot, I have to pull out the battery and put it back, restart the phone, but no matter how many times I restart reboot or even enter the safe mode, all these problems persist!

I didn't disable or install any new apps after the 1st week of setting up my brand new G5, and everything was okay for the next 2 months until yesterday.
I had never insert any microSD card before.
20160903_232745_HDR.jpg20160903_232732_HDR.jpg20160903_232804_HDR.jpg

Please help, :( before I send it back to LG service centre, which I think most likely they will do a hard reset to my phone and all my files and data inside my phone will be gone! some of the recent data ( photos with my bf and family ) I did not back up! Oh Gosh! I almost cry. :':)':)'(

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday my G5 suddenly became unresponsive, I can't navigate it at all, it looks like the screen was freezing, but after a while I noticed that is actually the system interface hanged, I still can see the home screen but touch it and no response at all, I tried to pull down the notification centre, it can be pulled down but whichever icon I tapped e.g. WiFi or rotation, it can only be activated and can't be deactivated on the second touch. After 10 seconds or so the error pop-up shows "System process isn't responding, do you want to close it?" , neither "wait" nor "ok" work! and a few moments later after this error msg, the phone will automatically try to reboot, but then the screen stuck at LG logo with the glare animation streaking across the LOGO, last for hours and nothing happen, and the battery drains so fast until it gets very hot, I have to pull out the battery and put it back, restart the phone, but no matter how many times I restart reboot or even enter the safe mode, all these problems persist!

Please help, :( before I send it back to LG service centre, which I think most likely they will do a hard reset to my phone and all my files and data inside my phone will be gone! some of the recent data ( photos with my bf and family ) I did not back up! Oh Gosh! I almost cry. :':)':)'(

I don't think you have to worry. Typically this error happens when an App has been disabled that should not have been. It could also simply be an app you downloaded or updated that is causing this issue. So I realize you have photos you don't want to get rid of. If all else fails you could plug into a computer and grab your photos and then factory reset. But first. I would suggest trying to think about what apps you have disabled, downloaded or ones that have updated that you can recall and take your phone into safe mode.
Now if you don't get the error in SafeMode. that means it's an app aka a software issue. If it DOES happen in SafeMode then it could be hardware, and I would try backing up your photos on a computer and then a factory reset and if that doesn't work it's hardware for sure.
But first safe mode. Here is how you access it on the LG G5, how to remove apps, and how to get out of safe mode,

Enter Safe Mode

First, power on your smartphone.
Then, press and hold the Power button.
From the menu options that will be displayed, choose Power Off.
The ‘Restart in safe mode’ message will be displayed on your LG G5.
Tap on OK in order to reboot into Android Safe Mode.
Wait while the reboot sequence is completed; in the end the Safe Mode icon will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Uninstall apps from Safe Mode

Drag down the notification area on your device.
Tap on the Settings icon.
Then choose General and then select Apps.
Choose the Downloaded tap by swiping right.
Select the apps that you want to uninstall.
Resume the uninstall process by following on screen prompts.

Turn off Safe Mode

While still running in Android Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button.
The menu options will be once more displayed.
From there choose Power Off and Restart.
Your LG G5 will be now rebooted into Android mode.

Best bet is to start uninstalling apps one by one. Each time after uninstalling in safe mode going BACK to regular mode and seeing if the problem persisted.
IF you did disable and app. And this started happening after you did that. Go into safe mode, Applications and Enable the apps you disabled.

I hope this was not all too confusing. Hope this works for you grayisagirl

Cheers

grayisagirl

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't think you have to worry. Typically this error happens when an App has been disabled that should not have been. It could also simply be an app you downloaded or updated that is causing this issue. So I realize you have photos you don't want to get rid of. If all else fails you could plug into a computer and grab your photos and then factory reset. But first. I would suggest trying to think about what apps you have disabled, downloaded or ones that have updated that you can recall and take your phone into safe mode.
Now if you don't get the error in SafeMode. that means it's an app aka a software issue. If it DOES happen in SafeMode then it could be hardware, and I would try backing up your photos on a computer and then a factory reset and if that doesn't work it's hardware for sure.
But first safe mode. Here is how you access it on the LG G5, how to remove apps, and how to get out of safe mode,

Enter Safe Mode

First, power on your smartphone.
Then, press and hold the Power button.
From the menu options that will be displayed, choose Power Off.
The ‘Restart in safe mode’ message will be displayed on your LG G5.
Tap on OK in order to reboot into Android Safe Mode.
Wait while the reboot sequence is completed; in the end the Safe Mode icon will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Uninstall apps from Safe Mode

Drag down the notification area on your device.
Tap on the Settings icon.
Then choose General and then select Apps.
Choose the Downloaded tap by swiping right.
Select the apps that you want to uninstall.
Resume the uninstall process by following on screen prompts.

Turn off Safe Mode

While still running in Android Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button.
The menu options will be once more displayed.
From there choose Power Off and Restart.
Your LG G5 will be now rebooted into Android mode.

Best bet is to start uninstalling apps one by one. Each time after uninstalling in safe mode going BACK to regular mode and seeing if the problem persisted.
IF you did disable and app. And this started happening after you did that. Go into safe mode, Applications and Enable the apps you disabled.

I hope this was not all too confusing. Hope this works for you grayisagirl

Cheers

Thanks for your long reply, but after I entered the safe mode, I still can't do anything except pulling down the notification centre from top of the screen. I can unlock the screen by tapping my knock code, but after home screen appeared, the whole interface is frozen

When I connect it to my PC, it can be recognized as "LG G5" but inside is empty after I clicked and open, and since the phone isn't responding at all, I can't choose the USB mode to MTP or whatever

Attachments

• 20160903_232612_HDR.jpg
    20160903_232612_HDR.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160903_232601_HDR.jpg
    20160903_232601_HDR.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your long reply, but after I entered the safe mode, I still can't do anything except pulling down the notification centre from top of the screen. I can unlock the screen by tapping my knock code, but after home screen appeared, the whole interface is frozen

When I connect it to my PC, it can be recognized as "LG G5" but inside is empty after I clicked and open, and since the phone isn't responding at all, I can't choose the USB mode to MTP or whatever

Hmmm if in Safe Mode you are still getting the issues, it's for sure not an app you have downloaded, but still could be an important system app you disabled by accident.
Do you recall going through and disabling any apps at all before this happened?
I take it those important photos are not backed up automatically to like Google Photos or anything like that?

Joerle

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Hey, I suddenly started having this exact error as well (safe mode issues and all)

If the OP is like me, no apps have recently been disabled. (And nothing is backed up :'( )

Any other suggestions? It's hard to do anything if the screen doesn't respond.