Unroot Problems

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So i rooted my phone, and flashed the latest 4.0.4 update. But now my phone no longer has SU access and i can't flash into recovery to install a new rom. So i tried to unroot my phone to re root and install the rom i want, but it won't let me unroot. I use a mac and use the mac method stickyed up above. Does anybody know what i can do in order to either restore SU permissions so i can flash a new rom or, how to fix the unroot problem. When i go to unroot it just says files can't be found. please help!!!

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
.....how would i do that. I have the stock files downloaded, because i have been trying to get it to unroot and you need them so i have them. I just don't know how to push them

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
In fastboot
Not sure how it works on a Mac, but usually fastboot flash and then whatever the .image file is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
okay, i have been trying that, it says the .img can not be found when it clearly is right there. I might try using roottoolkit on my friends windows computer

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
That or just redownload the files in the sticky above.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=35

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Download those from Jerry's post and fastboot them.

I would recommend using either Root Toolkit or Wugs. Either works, and I've personally used the latter several times; can't recommend it enough to get stuff done quick and fast :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly