Unrooted after OTA?

Jutch

May 27, 2012
Visit site
So I finally got the official 4.04 OTA from Verizon on my rooted Galaxy Nexus running stock ICS a week ago. I went to have titan back up do a back up today and it said it couldn't get root access. So I went to rom manager to see if it could do anything and it also couldn't.

My question is, does getting the OTA update unroot my phone? If so does it get rerooted the same way as before?

One more question, this may sound like a dumb question (I'm a little new to the whole rooting thing) how would I flash an individual rom, such as the S-Voice that got leaked? I can't get that to work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So I finally got the official 4.04 OTA from Verizon on my rooted Galaxy Nexus running stock ICS a week ago. I went to have titan back up do a back up today and it said it couldn't get root access. So I went to rom manager to see if it could do anything and it also couldn't.

My question is, does getting the OTA update unroot my phone? If so does it get rerooted the same way as before?

One more question, this may sound like a dumb question (I'm a little new to the whole rooting thing) how would I flash an individual rom, such as the S-Voice that got leaked? I can't get that to work.

Yes and no. First of all OTAs patch security holes in the operating system, and your root is gone as well as patches the hole which allowed the root.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Jutch

Jutch

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes and no. First of all OTAs patch security holes in the operating system, and your root is gone as well as patches the hole which allowed the root.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

So I have to root it again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aler67