Unrooting, Custom, Themes, and other confusing problems

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The other day I used the Unevoked S-ON tool make my phone look unrooted w/out actually rooting it. So it said S-ON even though I was rooted.

So I wanted to put a theme on my stock Evo. But I realized I needed a dedeoxed verizon of the stock rom. I cleared data, cache, dalvik cache. Went to "apply zip from sdcard," selected the file and it acted like it was installing but all i got was "Installation aborted." I didn't understand why, so i thought it might be because my Hboot says S-ON.

So now I'm trying to unroot so I get it to say S-OFF again, I got the PCIMG13.zip(whatever it's called). Went into Hboot, recognized the file, but said "main version is older." Now i'm stuck. Is there a easier way to change back to S-OFF? I don't understand why I couldn't flash the rom.

I have hardware version 0004 and Hboot 2.10.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yikes, youre supposed to unroot and then flash the S-ON tool. Try using Z4 root and it may work for you to get a hack-ish form of full root. Once your there, unroot and re-root the right way.

Just answering off of the top of my head here since i dont know much about unrevoked techniques, but it should work.

Reactions: Go Android!

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yikes, youre supposed to unroot and then flash the S-ON tool. Try using Z4 root and it may work for you to get a hack-ish form of full root. Once your there, unroot and re-root the right way.

Just answering off of the top of my head here since i dont know much about unrevoked techniques, but it should work.

Ok so I realized I needed the right PC36IMG for my Hboot. So I unrooted, rooted, then flashed the rom! So on 2/11/11 (exactly 2 months after getting my Evo), I flashed my first custom rom!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts