Unrooting Help

jas2743

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know where i can find directions to unroot my device? I feel like i've looked everywhere and have had no luck.

I appreciate everyones help!

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
i restored my stock rom and recovery with freegee and with i think i used supersu (cant remember) to unroot my device from there. it worked fine for me.

jas2743

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I ended up finding the OTA version of the jelly bean update and flashed it via Odin and I'm officially unrooted. I don't think I'll ever root this amazing device again. I have no reason too. Love my LGOG!

Posted via Android Central App

mcluvin737

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unrooting Help. If you are stuck at the boot animation/Soft Bricked

If you are stuck at the boot animation/soft bricked from trying to unroot, this is for you. Incase anyone else needs this info, I spent the better part of a day unrooting my LG Optimus G. I had CM11, but wanted to go back to stock for various reasons. Tried the LGNPST method, but it kept freezing at the 4GLTE boot animation. Tried to push a rom to the phone using ADB, same thing. Couldn't find the stock firmware anywhere! Lots of variations of the above with no success. Ultimately, here's what I did. Use LS970_TeenyBin[SBL_Unlock]-AA.bin teenybin file as your bin file in LGNPST. That will at least get a TWRP recovery installed on the phone. You'll need this because, as it turned out in my case, the reason you are stuck at the boot animation is that you didn't do a full wipe first before unrooting (which although it's probably obvious to some, it obviously wasn't to me). If you've done an NANDROID backup and backed up your phone before unrooting, a full wipe shouldn't scare you. Anyway, with the TWRP recovery installed I was able to boot into recovery, wiped Cache, Davlic, System, Data, and did a factory data reset. Then from TWRP I did a shutdown, rebooted into download mode and tried LGNPST again with a stock rom which I finally found in a forum off of the beaten path "LGLS970SPR-ZVB-Stock.bin." Finally success. Hope that helps someone. I would leave links for all of this stuff, but the forum won't let me due to my noobness. You can google the file names and it will take you to the correct site. You can also google how to use LGNPST to unroot, how to boot into download mode, and how to boot into recovery. Wish I could post the links. Sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397