unusual battery drain

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Started late last night I didn't touch my phone for about an hour I finally used it and noticed it dropped 10% of battery just sitting idle. Let it sit for about 15 dropped another 3% more. By this time I had to throw it on the charger. I let it charge for about 10 mins and my battery got up to 28% battery to last me rest of night. The draining continued so I turned it off, turned it back on it still did it. I turned it off again and back on. By this time I lost 12% in probably a half hour. I looked at the stats and it showed that Google play services was using the most battery at like 17%. Is that normal?

So charged it up to 100 and it's been off charger for about 4 hours I've used almost 1 hr of on screen time and I am now sitting at 61%.

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone is wondering I am on 9.0 pie and have not downloaded anything new. Battery has been working just fine until late last night

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Started late last night I didn't touch my phone for about an hour I finally used it and noticed it dropped 10% of battery just sitting idle. Let it sit for about 15 dropped another 3% more. By this time I had to throw it on the charger. I let it charge for about 10 mins and my battery got up to 28% battery to last me rest of night. The draining continued so I turned it off, turned it back on it still did it. I turned it off again and back on. By this time I lost 12% in probably a half hour. I looked at the stats and it showed that Google play services was using the most battery at like 17%. Is that normal?

So charged it up to 100 and it's been off charger for about 4 hours I've used almost 1 hr of on screen time and I am now sitting at 61%.
I would clear cache , then force close it and monitor it after .
Edit: for Google play and Google play services

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I would clear cache , then force close it and monitor it after .
Edit: for Google play and Google play services

I cleared cache on every app I could possibly clean last night but I did not force close anything so maybe I'll give that a try

It would not let me force close Google play services or Google play

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Eh I would say probably but I'm not 100% sure haven't really paid all that much attention to it til you just said something lol

Try comparing it to when the phone is in a reliably good signal area. Or try turning on Airplane Mode and see if the battery drain stops.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I cleared cache on every app I could possibly clean last night but I did not force close anything so maybe I'll give that a try

Let me look in my Google phone , Ill be right back

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Ok Google play store you can the play service you can't but you can uninstall the update which I would recommend

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Try comparing it to when the phone is in a reliably good signal area. Or try turning on Airplane Mode and see if the battery drain stops.

I stuck it in airplane mode earlier cause I was going to be in a very little to no signal area and I was there for about hour and half and I lost maybe 1%

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Your wifi usage is abnormal, along with a couple of others.
1st, forget your wifi from the phone.
Clear the cache partition and reboot the phone. Rediscover and connect with the wifi.
Hope this helps

So I did what you said and so far my phone seems to be back to running like it was before all the issues and maybe even better