Unusual S6 Edge Behavior After Update: Can I Get Some Help?

A

AC Question

Unusual S6 Edge Behavior After Update

So this has been one doozy of a dinger for my mornings. Earlier today, I had woken up to find that my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge received a notification for a software update. Normally, I just have to let it restart, go into hard reset to get the update going, let it finish, go do another hard reset to get to Android Diagnostics and make sure the update went into effect, then power it down and back up to go into a soft reset so that I can be able to use my phone (all because of an accidental mishap resulting in some water damage). Well after the second time of doing a hard reset, it showed the updating screen as before and loaded again which led me to notice that the progression bar stops at either 92-93% then jumps to 100% after a brief pause. Now the latter has happened before with a few previous updates so it led me to think that I should just let it happen again until it's all good but after several attempts taking time out of my day, it's pretty much been revealed to me that I'm getting nowhere with this. I have seen if it'll do anything after a soft reset and so far it'll take me to the soft reset screen, the Samsung S6 Edge screen, and then loop back to the gray battery but the battery will just be static with no other animation. So far, I've done all I know I can do with it being only functional when plugged into an outlet (doesn't really cooperate/work when plugged into laptops/desktops). I know I'm screwed enough as is but before jumping the gun and possibly having to get a new replacement phone, I'm wanting to know if there's still a chance to get it to its working condition like before the update.

Tl;Dr - New S6 Edge update messed up my phone more so than it was before, can't even get it in "proper" working condition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeFunct1222