Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

He replied to mine within 30 mins so hopefully you get the same. That was last night and I got the link today.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Install went well. Took 10 minutes after the download. Now, I am reinstalling accounts and photos, music, etc. Seems much snappier. Nicely done HTC and Sprint!

Update:

Camera app much improved. Much faster scrolling. Blinkfeed is kind of neat. No lag at all. No need for new phone for at least a few months more.

Last edited:

thiscityishell

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site

Let's hope he replies to my email. I mean, I can wait until they officially push the update, but I really hope I get the update now. Love this phone and I think I'll love it more.

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Let's hope he replies to my email. I mean, I can wait until they officially push the update, but I really hope I get the update now. Love this phone and I think I'll love it more.

Same here for me, I tweeted and emailed Mo. I understand it is a weekend, Monday would be great for the link.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

You still get 5 home screens. You can pick any of them for the home screen. Blink feed can be disabled, too. The double Zorro in the notification bar is for NFC being activated. Still have the silly Power saver icon, too. I have Battery Notifier (blue 85 on left), but as you can see, it is no longer needed since percent battery remaining is shown on the right. I need to get an app that shows the clock in Daydream mode.

Update:
In fact, that is the only bug I found so far. The Clock widget is not available for daydream mode as I think it should be; thus, I have downloaded ClockPlus which does the trick..
Update: Wife's Sprint HTC One also does not have the Clock widget available for Daydream.

And the Bean Flinger Easter Egg doesn't work when you tap on the Android 4.3 pane under About, Software version. Thus, you cannot make it a Daydream option, either.

Screenshot_2014-02-09-15-54-45_zpseiant1zq.png

Last edited:

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

That's how it was for me as well. I got the link the next day.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE

anon(22347)

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Anyone able to tell if the EVO 4G LTE supports Bluetooth LE after the 4.3 update? Seems from what I read on HTC's site, that the hardware should be there... just needed the Android support. Thanks for any insight about this.

mawilson82

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Applied update last night. So far multitasking seems better (for me) and everything is smooth and snappy. I love that we finally have the settings drawer. Next up is to try BlinkFeed.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Anyone able to tell if the EVO 4G LTE supports Bluetooth LE after the 4.3 update? Seems from what I read on HTC's site, that the hardware should be there... just needed the Android support. Thanks for any insight about this.
I tried connecting to a BT LE device and phone says, "This device requires a Bluetooth low energy app to work correctly."

Is there a BT LE app?

Update: Yes, it works with BLE Explorer installed.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I e-mailed Mo on Saturday, after reading the thread here, and haven't received a response back yet. For those that e-mailed him on Saturday/Sunday, are you guys in the same boat?

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Another minor problem with the update is that three of the Live Wallpapers from HTC don't work/won't load.

But for our Guru crxssi, you can choose to have Blinkfeed disabled by choosing Traditional homescreen rather than blinkfeed in settings. The traditional setting looks like the current 4.1 setup. Nice job Sprint and HTC.

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I e-mailed Mo on Saturday, after reading the thread here, and haven't received a response back yet. For those that e-mailed him on Saturday/Sunday, are you guys in the same boat?

Nope..emailed Saturday..he copied me on the response to someone else asking them to send the link..got it last night

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I am, no response from Mo yet.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech