Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I emailed on Saturday also, and haven't received a response yet...

Update: Just got the link and am backing up the phone......

Last edited:

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I just got the link over the lunch hour, but unfortunately I'm not having any luck. I registered and downloaded the file. It connects to the phone and starts the process where it is rebooting the bootloader. Unfortunately, after the phone reboots into bootloader, it says that it cannot find my phone and the process just hangs. I left it for 30 minutes and came back to my phone just saying HTC in white on a black screen. I had to manually reboot to bootloader and then have it reboot in order to get the phone back to where I can use it. I think it's my phone. I had gotten a replacement a while back from Sprint when mine died on the last update. Whenever my phone reboots, it comes up to some weird screen that says something like "DIM Command" and has a picture of a phone connected to a computer.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm having the same issue, and just emailed Mo, who added Jason, about the problem. I've been able to un plug my phone and hold the power and volume down button for about 20 seconds and the phone shuts off, and then I'm able to re start it, and it boots normally. Waiting for a reply.

Hi Jason,
When running the RUU it gets to the update part and is waiting for the bootloader and I get a message in my toolbar that windows doesn't recognize this usb device and it locks with the htc logo on my phone. A window pops up from the installer telling me a bout a usb error and ask me to check connections. The only option is hit the quit button. I was able to un plug and re start my phone.
Any ideas? (I'm running Windows 8,1 on my laptop)

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm having the same issue, and just emailed Mo, who added Jason, about the problem. I've been able to un plug my phone and hold the power and volume down button for about 20 seconds and the phone shuts off, and then I'm able to re start it, and it boots normally. Waiting for a reply.

Hi Jason,
When running the RUU it gets to the update part and is waiting for the bootloader and I get a message in my toolbar that windows doesn't recognize this usb device and it locks with the htc logo on my phone. A window pops up from the installer telling me a bout a usb error and ask me to check connections. The only option is hit the quit button. I was able to un plug and re start my phone.
Any ideas? (I'm running Windows 8,1 on my laptop)

I'm running Windows 8.1 on my laptop as well. I wonder if it's a Windows 8.1 thing.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I think it might be a Windows 8.1 thing... I am trying it off of my old laptop, which was running Windows XP and it seems to be working...

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I've been trying also on a Windows 7 laptop and the USB communication error message (RUU please check USB connection) comes up even before it can read anything on my phone. I can however still read my phone as a drive on the computer....

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

But for our Guru crxssi, you can choose to have Blinkfeed disabled by choosing Traditional homescreen rather than blinkfeed in settings. The traditional setting looks like the current 4.1 setup. Nice job Sprint and HTC.

Sounds great! I hope they push it out soon. (I certainly wouldn't call me a guru, though).

Unfortunately for me, Sprint has pissed me off way beyond my breaking point. They refuse to fix my home/work tower with duplicate text messaging... I even reset my Evo LTE to factory defaults to prove that wasn't phone related. After over a year of dealing with this major issue and dozens of hours on the phone with them, I gave them an ultimatum (as a 15 year customer) and they screwed me further and also lied to me for the last time. So I am leaving for T-Mobile and a Nexus 5 soon. It is a shame... I love the Evo LTE and Sprint FINALLY has improved the network enough to be decent in this area (and likely have better coverage too). :(

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Still having no luck installing..... Gonna have to wait for a response from Jason. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Emailed Mo Saturday night and had a reply from Venkata/Jason exactly 12hrs later with the Download link.

Grabbed the file on Saturday, but could not get it installed until this morning. Like several have reported I also had a the "waiting on bootloader" issue while using my Win8.1 (Pro) laptop. I tried several driver packages/versions that I found posted while searching forums, but none did the trick. At no point could I get "Bootloader USB" appear. Device manager always displayed "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration)"

Last night I tried it on my company Win7 (Pro) laptop, but had the same issue. Today I reinstalled a fresh newer version download of HTC Sync and this time when I manually entered the recovery "USB" appeared and Device Manager identified it as "My HTC" Booted the phone and ran the RUU package and it went right through without any problems.

Anyway, did not have much time to play with it after I ran the update, but now I have it almost completely restored. It "feels" a little quicker but that could just be because it has a new, cleaner look and general feel to it. Not sure about blink feed as I am not a social media type, but I'll play with it a little.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Yeah my laptop is on windows 7 and mine worjed fine

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Yeah my laptop is on windows 7 and mine worjed fine

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

I am updating mine right now with Windows 7. One thing I did notice, I have a work laptop that gave me usb connection errors. I think that all the security software might give the ROM fits so I switched to a different laptop with the latest HTC Sync Manager and so far so good.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

xplod

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

i was getting android device not found. unistalled htc sync, installed the newest htc sync and it working now on my windows 7 laptop.

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

I am updating mine right now with Windows 7. One thing I did notice, I have a work laptop that gave me usb connection errors. I think that all the security software might give the ROM fits so I switched to a different laptop with the latest HTC Sync Manager and so far so good.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
haha, that actually had me worried when I did mine. I am not sure if the my company could actually cram another security program onto our systems if they had too! But, in the end it all worked out.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

i was getting android device not found. unistalled htc sync, installed the newest htc sync and it working now on my windows 7 laptop.

I tried the same thing on both my Windows 7 laptop and my 8.1 with no luck. Sync Manager won't even see my phone. My computers recognize it and I can transfer anything manually... Getting a little frustrated..lol.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Many thanks to Jason from HTC for emailing me and remotely accessing my computer and helping me with a driver issue and ultimately helping me update my phone. That's what I call customer service! I'm very impressed and am going to upgrade to their new One + when it comes out.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone noticed that they no longer have Beats Audio available to them after the update?

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

The Beats Audio option is grayed out until you plug in a device (headset) that can use it. Once you connect earbuds/headphone/etc it becomes availible.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I got the developer options turned back on, but for the life of me, cannot find where I can make the phone stay awake while charging. Has anyone found this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware