Update for s7 edge

RaHmanBB13

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello, i have problem with my s7 edge. He is still on 6.0.1. I buy this phone i usa AT&t and i am now in europe. when i go in settings/update it is said your phone is up to date.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hate to bust bubbles here, but I'm not sure that includes the carriers and their tweaking.... Does it? If not it could be a month or two more.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Android-Oreo-update-delayed-May_id104292

PhoneArena is usually pretty good on details and light on rumors, but take random Internet story as random Internet story.

Assuming it is close - it looks like, at best, the carrier-unbranded update is about a month away. I would not be at all surprised to see the carrier-branded models take a minimum of an additional month if not more. So an optimistic guess at a release date for the average carrier-branded model would be sometime in June.

actonac

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
operative words there being "not be at all surprised"... it's samsung we're talking about. lol. the waiting game is strong here.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
operative words there being "not be at all surprised"... it's samsung we're talking about. lol. the waiting game is strong here.

You know, "spoke too soon" is strong with me right now. I am literally waiting for my AT&T S7 Edge to load Oreo right now... ROFL!!!!

EDIT: Nope, my bad, the AT&T site loaded the S9+'s data when I searched for the S7 Edge while the update was loading - it was the March 2018 patch. Sorry. LOL

Centerman66

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Android-Oreo-update-delayed-May_id104292

PhoneArena is usually pretty good on details and light on rumors, but take random Internet story as random Internet story.

Assuming it is close - it looks like, at best, the carrier-unbranded update is about a month away. I would not be at all surprised to see the carrier-branded models take a minimum of an additional month if not more. So an optimistic guess at a release date for the average carrier-branded model would be sometime in June.
For the s8s the carrier locked devices received oreo one to three weeks BEFORE the unlocked versions.