Update root from 4.3 to the latest 4.4.2?

dauntless10101

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Nexus 7 2013 rooted on 4.3 but I'd like to update to 4.4.2. All the guides I am finding are for users who are not already rooted, but I would like to preserve what I have in place and update. What is the procedure for that?

Also, there was an all-in-one tool that I used to root this thing a couple months ago that I found on the forums but can't remember the name of it and haven't been able to find it. Any idea what it could be? I'd like to use it again on another device. I'm pretty new to Android rooting--thanks!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a Nexus 7 2013 rooted on 4.3 but I'd like to update to 4.4.2. All the guides I am finding are for users who are not already rooted, but I would like to preserve what I have in place and update. What is the procedure for that?

Also, there was an all-in-one tool that I used to root this thing a couple months ago that I found on the forums but can't remember the name of it and haven't been able to find it. Any idea what it could be? I'd like to use it again on another device. I'm pretty new to Android rooting--thanks!

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.7.9 [Updated 12/04/13] - xda-developers

dauntless10101

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll do the OTA update and then re-root with Wug's program. I shouldn't have to restore my device since I am already rooted and just updating, right?