update?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I never use wifi and i'm not even close to 2GBs this month. You should only have to worry about it if you use your data to stream movies or a lot music. If you just surf the web and let your widgets and whatnot update, I dont think you'll come even close to 2GBs of data.

For example, I streamed Pandora for about 18 hours straight one time and it was around 800MB of data.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
That was just the Pandora streaming. I was on a long road trip and used Pandora for my radio the entire time. If you just use WiFi to do stuff like that whenever possible, I really don't think you'll have a problem. I know some people on here use 10-20 or more GBs a month but that's a lot of Youtube, hotspot, Netflix and other data heavy programs.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Needless to say the Wifi stays on at home so that in itself will help. Might just leave sync and network data on when I am not at work then if Im not really going to have an issue. For giggles I tried to compare to what I used on the home network but I guess there is no real comparison there. I think the lowest Ive ever used at home in a day is just under a gig when the kids werent streaming netflix lol

Last edited by a moderator:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Needless to say the Wifi stays on at home so that in itself will help. Might just leave sync and network data on when I am not at work then if Im not really going to have an issue. For giggles I tried to compare to what I used on the home network but I guess there is no real comparison there. I think the lowest Ive ever used at home in a day is just under a gig when the kids werent streaming netflix lol

You can also use the MyVerizon app to check on your data use. Calling #data also gets you data use via a free text from Verizon.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Wish I could have but I had to wait on ATT to decide to release us from our contracts before I could make the switch.

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Not to thread jack or anything but wanted some input from you guys. I just downloaded that file from android police but have yet to put it on my sdcard. I was wondering if a factory reset before and/or after installing the update would be a good idea. My phone just had its first random reboot since i bought it 6 days ago. (Not the reason for applying the update, just want to be up to date). My phone for what ever reason will not pull the update(s) from VZW.

Thanks.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow my wifes phone finally came in since the first one was DOA and it, just like mine, couldnt be updated and I had to use the file you pointed me to. I do have a question on it. I noticed on both phones when it got to TP or something it said bypass. Why is that?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow my wifes phone finally came in since the first one was DOA and it, just like mine, couldnt be updated and I had to use the file you pointed me to. I do have a question on it. I noticed on both phones when it got to TP or something it said bypass. Why is that?

Did your wife's phone have that same weird software version that yours came with?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep sure did. And both phones packed in brand new boxes with brand new packing around each individual item. Too weird indeed that both came that way. All good though as long as when GB comes out it updates to it ill be happy. Still not sure why it bypassed something on both phones when I updated them/

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I dont remember everything it said on mine while it was updating. I know it searches for specific files while its booting up into the bootloader and if it doesnt find them, it goes to the next one until it gets to the P015IMG file....maybe thats what you saw.

Very weird you got that strange software number. Hopefully you are good now.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
well they are both updated so I guess thats good. I know I havent really used mine yet since the wifes just got here but it was off the charger on standby for like 26 hours and still sitting at 77%. I am still getting the extended battery for mine though as I am at work for 10 hours and will be using it a bit more lol.

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
How can you tell if your TB. phone was booted?? I my phone was giving to me by a friend and was not told any thing about it. Can some tell me any thing???:confused:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
How can you tell if your TB. phone was booted?? I my phone was giving to me by a friend and was not told any thing about it. Can some tell me any thing???:confused:
1) Power OFF the phone.

2) Hold the down volume key and hold the Power key to power the phone ON.

3) Read the top line on the white screen.

S-ON = Not Rooted
S-OFF= Rooted

S means "security" I guess.

4) To return to normal boot - Use the Volume down to move to Power down and then the Power button to select Power down (these instructions are on the white screen too).

-Frank