update?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I know there are 2 updates to this phone, for whatever reason I cant seem to get them. When I check it just says my phone is up to date. Funny thing is Verizon says there is nothing they can do about it and HTC said the same thing lol. Any clue how to get this sucker updated so I dont have all the issues that have long since been resolved?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I know there are 2 updates to this phone, for whatever reason I cant seem to get them. When I check it just says my phone is up to date. Funny thing is Verizon says there is nothing they can do about it and HTC said the same thing lol. Any clue how to get this sucker updated so I dont have all the issues that have long since been resolved?
When you go to Menu | Settings | About | Software, what version is your "Software Number"? The newest is 1.70.605.0.

-Frank

Last edited:
Reactions: byrds8

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, something is amiss here. There never was a 1.20 "Software Number" (and "Build Number). The original release was 1.12.x.x. The MR1 updated it to 1.13.x.x and the last MR2 update updated it to 1.70.605.0.

Not sure where you are seeing 1.20???

Edit: Oh wait... was 1.20.x.x a rooted ROM? If so, that would explain why. Are you rooted?

-Frank

Last edited:

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Build number 1.20.605.0 CL343874 release keys

That is everything it says for build.

Baseband is 1.16.00.0223r

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Nope got the phone yesterday through lets talk
Well, I'm going on memory here. But I didn't think there was ever a 1.20.x.x. "Software Number". Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. If so, sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in here...

-Frank

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it a new phone, or used? You may have been sold a previously rooted phone.

You can manually install the update if you want. It was erase everything on your phone though which if you just got it, probably wouldnt be that big of a deal. If you want to go that route, i'll find the link for you to download the update.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Brand new in the black and red HTC box. Ive already loaded everything on it lol as far as loosing my stuff. Thinking of waiting the 14 days then go to the Verizon store and have them replace it.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it a new phone, or used? You may have been sold a previously rooted phone.

You can manually install the update if you want. It was erase everything on your phone though which if you just got it, probably wouldnt be that big of a deal. If you want to go that route, i'll find the link for you to download the update.
After looking at the "Let's Talk" site, I agree that there is a good chance he was sold a rooted phone. In which case, he can apply one of the "factory" updates, or, he can apply one of the rooted updates. If he wants to stay rooted, the rooted update may be best. Since applying a factory RUU will unroot him.

-Frank

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If I install that will I be able to get natural OTA updates after? And why after looking at their site does it seem like I was given a rooted phone? These phones are suppose to be brand new

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been told that we should be able to get future updates if you manually install this. There hasn't been another update for me to find out yet. Pretty sure we'll always be able to get our hands on these types files for updates anyway, so I wasnt too concerned about it.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Guess the biggest concern would be GB when it comes out. As for the lets talk thing it would totally be illegal for them to sell us phones that have been used as a new phone and Im sure the carriers would stop allowing them to do business under their name

PapaSmurf6768

Themer
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Guess the biggest concern would be GB when it comes out. As for the lets talk thing it would totally be illegal for them to sell us phones that have been used as a new phone and Im sure the carriers would stop allowing them to do business under their name
Try this. Shut down the phone, then turn it back on by holding down the volume down button and then the power button till you see a white screen. At the top, does it say "S-ON" or "S-OFF"? Please let us know, this will really help your cause.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Doing it with that file up there will NOT root the phone right? Verizon says as long as I dont root it it wont void my warranty but said sure give that a shot lol. And is that leaked version a final release that everyone else got OTA?

Reactions: swade8