update?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I read some of the posts on that site it seems thats not the official release for the update? Also, does that file include the original MR updates?

Last edited:

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Doing it with that file up there will NOT root the phone right? Verizon says as long as I dont root it it wont void my warranty but said sure give that a shot lol. And is that leaked version a final release that everyone else got OTA?

No, it will NOT root the phone. It's the official MR2 RUU (Rom Update Utility) that will put the phone at exactly the same release level as the official MR2 OTA. I flashed using that RUU and the phone has been rock solid since. Flashing will wipe out all your settings and installed apps and basically restore the phone as it normally comes new out of the box. It will NOT touch any data on the SD card though. Just follow the directions on Android Police and you're good to go. After flashing, you can delete the PG05IMG.zip file from the SD card if you want (common question). :)

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What were they saying about that VZW had a different baseband version posted other than what is installed from that file?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Guess Ill give it a shot then. Its better than sending this phone back like I have to do the wifes. So frustrating trying to drop ATT and move over to VZW. Its a CONSPIRACY lol. jk

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys. I installed that file. Hopefully when GB comes out it will not be an issue to update to it with this on here.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Good deal.Glad we could help. :) They say we should get GB OTA even if flashing this official MR2 RUU. But, if push comes to shove and we don't get it, there will typically be a full RUU of it anyway. I actually prefer the RUU method as it clears the slate so to speak with a fresh install. Regardless, I really don't have any concern over Gingerbread for the Thunderbolt as the phone as been rock solid after the MR2 update. :D

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It is said that GB is mainly under the hood enhancements that will improve things like battery life and overall performance. It's very speculative at this time though as to how much it will impact performance as no other LTE phone has Gingerbread yet. So time will tell. Once it is released, I'm not going to jump on it right away, will wait and see what others report as my TB with MR2 is tops right now, so I don't want to risk screwing it up.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Im not using any juice defender or anything but so far since I updated it went down 14% with wifi on and constantly re downloading things. Have you noticed any of the stock contacts not being able to be deleted now? There are like 6 that say they are on the sim but the sim reads 0 and i cant delete them.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't use any type of apps to save on the battery either and I'd say that with MR2, battery life is a little better, especially when the phone is on standby for extended periods. And yah, those SIM card contacts are now hardcoded. Should only be four total (ex. #BAL, #DATA, #MIN, and #PMT) though and only listed when hitting the Phone dialer if you hide them in the People app (Menu, View and unselect the SIM option, unless you have any others saved to SIM).

Reactions: byrds8

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I do wish this phone would get the GB update soon. The phone I am leaving behind with ATT is about to get its. LOL Man I loved the Infuse.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Guess that makes sense. On a brighter note, according to VZW this phone has not ever been activated before so I guess its not used packed in a new box lol. Maybe a glitch at HTC caused the wrong stuff to be on here. lol who knows

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Does the clock on the screen always not keep time when the screen is off?

No, it keeps time. What you are probably referring to is the Clock Widget animation. It's by design.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
A bit off topic but if you leave network data on and such and some widgets like weather or what not for this particular phone how hard is it to get to the 2g data limit or is it something ill constantly have to monitor like when i only had 200meg with att