Updated my bootloader unknowingly, bootlooped my device, and can't find any firmware to match it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure , you'll have to try different things . It's a older phone, unique firmware
It will take time ,trial and error for sure

DarkMatter425

Mar 11, 2020
Visit site
At this point, I'm not sure how much else there is to try. Over the next few days I'll try whatever I can think of. I'll report back if I find anything good for future reference. Thank you for your time as well as introducing Prince Comsy Odin to me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
At this point, I'm not sure how much else there is to try. Over the next few days I'll try whatever I can think of. I'll report back if I find anything good for future reference. Thank you for your time as well as introducing Prince Comsy Odin to me.
Your welcome , if I come up with anything else I'll let you know

DarkMatter425

Mar 11, 2020
Visit site
Alright. I believe I've identified the problem to the best of my ability incase anyone wants to try and figure it out. I currently cannot flash the sboot.bin and cm.bin files onto my phone. If I try and flash the ones for the SM-S906L (My phone), it fails due to the files having a binary of 1 while my device is on 2. If I try and flash the ones for the SM-G920V, it fails due to it being a different build, dispite the similarities between the devices. As everything else flashes correctly, I believe it is just these two files causing all the problems. The only option I can think of is to wait and hope someone decides to upload firmware for the SM-S906L with a binary of 2, as I know it exist since it's the reason I'm in this situation in the first place.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Alright. I believe I've identified the problem to the best of my ability incase anyone wants to try and figure it out. I currently cannot flash the sboot.bin and cm.bin files onto my phone. If I try and flash the ones for the SM-S906L (My phone), it fails due to the files having a binary of 1 while my device is on 2. If I try and flash the ones for the SM-G920V, it fails due to it being a different build, dispite the similarities between the devices. As everything else flashes correctly, I believe it is just these two files causing all the problems. The only option I can think of is to wait and hope someone decides to upload firmware for the SM-S906L with a binary of 2, as I know it exist since it's the reason I'm in this situation in the first place.
What's the region for this SM-S906L

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried to find this firmware no luck .
I look over some xda forums they have some articles on your stock firmware maybe read over or get in touch with a member there otherwise no other options available

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm currently trying to get into contact with some of the websites that host firmware downloads to see if they can help.
Yeah definitely , can try smart switch emergency recovery system but don't know if it will work on a older device , that's the issue with older firmware hard to get .

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe