updated to froyo (EB13) and calendar doesnt sync

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
so i just updated to froyo via the manual update method for EB13, and now my google calendar won't sync. it acts in every way like it syncs successfully, but none of the events come over. I checked and all of my calendars that i want to have synced are set for it, and ive tried resetting the device, manually syncing, and it doesn't seem to work. I also rooted, but this was after i noticed the problem with no events.

Any one else see this and/or know what it could be or what i could do/try?

Schubatis1

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Calendar sync is fixed by clearing the calendar storage. Read my post above. this was in another android epic forum

Thanks, MBM7881.

For anyone who doesn't know how to clear the calendar storage, follow these steps:
1) Go to Settings
2) Select Applications
3) Select Manage applications
4) Select Calendar Storage from the All list
5) Select Clear Data

After that, try syncing your calendar again. It should work fine. As a side note, I'm pretty sure this method will delete any events saved in your local calendar, so use caution.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, MBM7881.

For anyone who doesn't know how to clear the calendar storage, follow these steps:
1) Go to Settings
2) Select Applications
5) Select Clear Data

After that, try syncing your calendar again. It should work fine. As a side note, I'm pretty sure this method will delete any events saved in your local calendar, so use caution.

no problem...someone else in a different android forum made the post. too bad it was after i had already put in each entry. thankfully i only have a few entries...birthdays, a few appointments, and a few tasks. took me about 10 mins to do

keisham320

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, MBM7881.

1) Go to Settings
2) Select Applications
5) Select Clear Data

Thanks for the info but still a no-go over here for me :-(

keisham320

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It took me a couple of tries to get my calendar to sync again. I had to uncheck/recheck Google Calendar Sync under Accounts and sync. Clicking menu and Sync now didn't work for me.

Been doing this for the past 10 minutes and nothing. Let me ask; did your little "sync circle" that usually appears when syncing and then disappears, ever disappear? Mine will not...

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Been doing this for the past 10 minutes and nothing. Let me ask; did your little "sync circle" that usually appears when syncing and then disappears, ever disappear? Mine will not...

Mine would spin, then stop for a minute or so, then go away. Clearing the calendar storage as described above worked.

Pibe38

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, this worked! This is great, thank you very much!

However, both my Facebook Birthdays and Facebook Events are still missing.

Anyone find a fix for this yet?

EDIT: Scratch that, my FB Events are showing... But before I could also see my FB contacts' birthdays and it would show with their FB profile pic and a FB logo that looked like the SnS app one and not the FB app one (does that make sense, has anyone noticed under Accounts how they are different?).

Thanks again!

dbeedle

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, MBM7881.

1) Go to Settings
2) Select Applications
5) Select Clear Data

Thanks for the tip. Worked like a charm. Now, on to getting Wifi to work again.

Pibe38

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, this worked! This is great, thank you very much!

However, both my Facebook Birthdays and Facebook Events are still missing.

Anyone find a fix for this yet?

EDIT: Scratch that, my FB Events are showing... But before I could also see my FB contacts' birthdays and it would show with their FB profile pic and a FB logo that looked like the SnS app one and not the FB app one (does that make sense, has anyone noticed under Accounts how they are different?).

Thanks again!

I figured this one out...

I was only sync'ing my contacts through the FB app and not through Samsung's SnS service.

It seems like only the Samsung SnS service syncs FB contacts birthdays.

Now if I could figure out why when I select the picture from the FB app as the default for a contact's caller ID it doesn't show when calling/texting, I'd be almost set.