Upgrade over the Note 5?

BBQ Maker

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm seriously considering picking one of these up so that I can replace my ATT Note 5.
My note battery like is absolute garbage and I'm getting real sick of it.
How is your v20 holding up? Would you still recommend it to somebody? Thank you!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the V20 is still the most functional feature packed phone available, and still speedy. Mine has screen retention, but I'd pick it over any other flagship out today, including the V30 and Note 8.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I Love my V20 and plan to keep it as long as possible since it is the last flagship phone to be made with combination of swappable battery, full 16x9 ratio screen, IR remote blaster and expandable memory storage.
My V20 is holding up very well and I highly recommend.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering picking one of these up so that I can replace my ATT Note 5.
How is your v20 holding up? Would you still recommend it to somebody? Thank you!

With the huge price drop (I've seen it $285 new unlocked) and with the features/specs, I'd definitely recommend it. Not everyone will like it though, the focus speed for the camera in low light isn't the best. It's honestly reliable in terms of battery and it's very speedy fast. I've had Samsung phones starting from the very first one to the S7, the V20 is much better in many ways starting with the big true 5.7 inch (not the skinny tall screens on Samsung phones nowadays). The microphone on this phone is really great, it can record sounds very well especially concerts, my previous phones always sounded muddy at concerts. The headphone jack is still here plus it's upgraded with the Hi-Fi Quad DAC. Yup, still has a removable battery and IR blaster if you care about that. Disappointed with where LG is heading with the glass designs now but the V20 stays true to itself and remains my top favorite phones of all time. If I upgrade in the future, I'm planning to keep the V20 still.

kal_el_5011

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely love the v20. I was scared to jump the Samsung galaxy boat but after I read an article from a galaxy fan, I jumped and have been more than happy.

A little over a year now and this phone still keeps a charge like no other smartphone I've owned before it. I can charge this bad boy to 100% before I go to bed. Unplug it, go to sleep, then wake up to it's alarm, charge is at 99%. Can't do that with any Galaxy. And it's still the original battery.

The article helped because it described every galaxy experience I've had. About galaxy being the most advanced phone on release. Premium build, premium specs, the s pen. But then every galaxy begins to suffer on the first anniversary. Slow speed, performance issues, fast battery drains, slow wake up screens, picture taking is a drag, molasses moves faster than scrolling through the photo gallery, etc, etc, etc. Non removable battery too.

I thought the guy was right and that I didn't need to stay loyal just because I get a years worth of good service out of three years of my phone. So I switched and love this lg. The only change I made is putting nova launcher on my v20.

Good luck buddy!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely love the v20. I was scared to jump the Samsung galaxy boat but after I read an article from a galaxy fan, I jumped and have been more than happy.

A little over a year now and this phone still keeps a charge like no other smartphone I've owned before it. I can charge this bad boy to 100% before I go to bed. Unplug it, go to sleep, then wake up to it's alarm, charge is at 99%. Can't do that with any Galaxy. And it's still the original battery.

The article helped because it described every galaxy experience I've had. About galaxy being the most advanced phone on release. Premium build, premium specs, the s pen. But then every galaxy begins to suffer on the first anniversary. Slow speed, performance issues, fast battery drains, slow wake up screens, picture taking is a drag, molasses moves faster than scrolling through the photo gallery, etc, etc, etc. Non removable battery too.

I thought the guy was right and that I didn't need to stay loyal just because I get a years worth of good service out of three years of my phone. So I switched and love this lg. The only change I made is putting nova launcher on my v20.

Good luck buddy!

One of the reasons why I moved on from Samsung too. Their phones don't age well after 1 year, either it shows signs of lagging or battery problems.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

When did you purchase your Note 5? I remembered the Note 5 having pretty decent battery though. Just good to know when batteries will die. I had an S6 Active and the battery was garbage after 8 months using wireless charging.

BBQ Maker

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
When did you purchase your Note 5? I remembered the Note 5 having pretty decent battery though. Just good to know when batteries will die. I had an S6 Active and the battery was garbage after 8 months using wireless charging.

I bought my Note 5 in August, when it was first released (2015). I never was able to get the great battery life that other people got, even when it was new. I presume it was from ATT always breaking everything.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm writing this off my V20. It's great!! I'm very happy with it so far, even though I've only had it for 24 hours.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Note 5 in August, when it was first released (2015). I never was able to get the great battery life that other people got, even when it was new. I presume it was from ATT always breaking everything.

Samsungs don't age well. I had several Samsung phones, battery always become a problem after 8 months, even if it had a 3500 mAh battery. Maybe things changed, who knows. But one thing for sure, I don't think I can trust Samsung after the Note 4 incident (the phone failing after 2-3 years, mmc chip error). Also, my Samsung TV died within 2 years, blown capacitor. Products design to last 2-3 years, not impressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome