Upgrade to Galaxy Watch 4

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Any recent thoughts on if it's worth the upgrade? My A2 is worth $100 as a trade in right now, and with my educator discount grand total tu purchase the 4 would be $124. I charge it most nights so battery isn't a huge big deal (unless it sucks battery during navigation - I rely on that). I bought the A2 as an open box deal on an impulse about a year ago and just love it, but reviews suggest the 4 is a pretty big step up. (Also, can the non Tizen os use Alltrails?)

Thoughts?

Last edited:

scrondar

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
That is the question, isn't it? What would make the "upgrade" worth it? I would hate to trade in my perfectly functional AW2 for a model whose OS I do not know. I'm not so much concerned with watch face compatibility as I am being able to use the GW4 for the things I do now with my AW2. Your question concerning Alltrails may be answerable by either Samsung or the Alltrails folks. If you get an answer, please post it here.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, that's why I was asking here, to see if folks like their GW4 :)

So far I have not been able to find out about those hiking apps. I use Komoot works on the a2, but I prefer Alltrails if possible.

Ninjarette

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy Watch ⌚ 4 is arriving tomorrow. I'm coming from the Active 2, which I absolutely love. It wasn't a second thought to upgrade, especially since Samsung is stopping software updates in August. We'll see how it goes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Galaxy Watch 4 is arriving tomorrow. I'm coming from the Active 2, which I absolutely love. It wasn't a second thought to upgrade, especially since Samsung is stopping software updates in August. We'll see how it goes.
That should be a nice upgrade, congrats

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
My Galaxy Watch 4 is arriving tomorrow. I'm coming from the Active 2, which I absolutely love. It wasn't a second thought to upgrade, especially since Samsung is stopping software updates in August. We'll see how it goes.
They are? I thought they were supporting it for another year or so?

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
In the end, didn't do a Samsung store trade in because everything has been sold out with the s22 launch, and I found a great value open box at BB in the color I wanted.

I LOVE it so far. One of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade is that it's flatter - the "bubble" feeling of the A2 always bugged me, and the new design is much more comfortable for me with the flatter back.

Faster and more responsive.

Despite being the same dimensions, screen seems to have a lot more real estate and is much clearer/easier to read.

Road navigation is WAY better on this one - so much easier to read with the colors and icons.

Only negative so far is watch faces - not as many choices, and my two favorites were lost in the move. I hate Facer - anywhere I should be looking? Most of the ones I see on the play store that I like say "you cannot use this app with your phone", which is annoying :-/

Battery isn't awful so far (bt version) although I haven't been doing that much to tax it. We will see.

Very pleased overall :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001