Upgrade to M9

Matt34Bears

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You are talking about a middling camera and poor battery like and then you mention the Moto X 2014? Might as well get the M8 then.

Posted via the Android Central App

My issue with the M8 is mostly software support. It's going to get less updates than the M9. Plus, the M9's camera module has promise, so if HTC fixes the image processing software, then it could get better. For the moto x, the primary draw is also software support. Even though it is older, motorola does a good job of updating their phones. Of course, moto maker is a benefit too.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Unless the M8 becomes kind of a cult phone, like the car that all of the young enthusiasts buy because it's so moddable, to the extent where it becomes better than what new cars can offer.

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
My issue with the M8 is mostly software support. It's going to get less updates than the M9. Plus, the M9's camera module has promise, so if HTC fixes the image processing software, then it could get better. For the moto x, the primary draw is also software support. Even though it is older, motorola does a good job of updating their phones. Of course, moto maker is a benefit too.

We have beat the software fix for the camera to death. It's not the software. It's the Toshiba crap HTC threw into the phone for the camera. It's a hardware problem. No amount of wishing will fix the camera. HTC has taken note and they will make sure the M10 is flawless.

As far as M8 software updates. Going from Kit Kat to Lollipop was a downgrade. I wish I wouldn't have hit the software update button. Who knows...HTC might keep the updates flowing for the One series for awhile.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I have a M7 and just got the HTC Sense update that is in Sense 7. You will still get updates regardless. That is the beauty of them breaking down their apps and putting them on the Play Store.

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a M7 and just got the HTC Sense update that is in Sense 7. You will still get updates regardless. That is the beauty of them breaking down their apps and putting them on the Play Store.

Correct me if I'm wrong but HTC guarantees with the One series starting with the M7 you will receive updates for 2 years and within a 90 day time frame from Google's release of the new OS. HTC is awesome about updates now. They didn't meet that 90 day mark this last time with Lollipop but who cares. Close enough...

Adam_ation

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
We have beat the software fix for the camera to death. It's not the software.

You obviously havn't seen how much improvement hamdir over on XDA got out of tweaking the camera settings then. Software will definately improve the M9 camera that is certain - Adam

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
You obviously havn't seen how much improvement hamdir over on XDA got out of tweaking the camera settings then. Software will definately improve the M9 camera that is certain - Adam

Agree. Even Jishnur's camera mod V2 was great, and that was a software tweak on the M8 that really helped. It's all about the software man!

From my fingers to you on the M8, M9 or the Chromebook! :D

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Agree. Even Jishnur's camera mod V2 was great, and that was a software tweak on the M8 that really helped. It's all about the software man!

From my fingers to you on the M8, M9 or the Chromebook! :D

You two are like twin parrots. I want to say 98% of people who purchase a smartphone do not have time to sit there and make a million tweaks to the settings on their phone for one photo. The S6, iphone 6, and Note4 cameras aren't like that at all. I for one don't touch the settings and I'm sure a vast majority of others do not either unless its a must. By the time you are done setting up your smartphone settings people will have already pulled out their iphone 6, S6, or Note 4 and will have already taken the picture.

Your kids are caught in a priceless moment. Hold on, give me 4 minutes to get the settings just right on my M9.

wildclip

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
We have beat the software fix for the camera to death. It's not the software. It's the Toshiba crap HTC threw into the phone for the camera. It's a hardware problem. No amount of wishing will fix the camera. HTC has taken note and they will make sure the M10 is flawless.

Just like they made sure the M9 was flawless from the M8?

Adam_ation

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
You two are like twin parrots. I want to say 98% of people who purchase a smartphone do not have time to sit there and make a million tweaks to the settings on their phone for one photo.

Yeahhhh you missed the point there. You said it wasn't fixable via software, I'm saying yes it can, hamdir has tweaked it for a drastic improvement therefore HTC can tweak it their end aswell - Adam

Your kids are caught in a priceless moment. Hold on, give me 4 minutes to get the settings just right on my M9.

And please don't tar us with your brush by even suggesting you are an M9 owner.

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeahhhh you missed the point there. You said it wasn't fixable via software, I'm saying yes it can, hamdir has tweaked it for a drastic improvement therefore HTC can tweak it their end aswell - Adam

And please don't tar us with your brush by even suggesting you are an M9 owner.

So when HTC switches to a 13MP or 16MP camera what will HTC do then? Start over from square one....

Gruff35

Banned
Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Just like they made sure the M9 was flawless from the M8?

I blame the previous CEO from HTC. His employees were laughing behind his back and did not care whether or not the M9 failed. They wanted him gone. There was no love in that phone. The love went into the M7/M8.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I blame the previous CEO from HTC. His employees were laughing behind his back and did not care whether or not the M9 failed. They wanted him gone. There was no love in that phone. The love went into the M7/M8.

Nice to know you're in cahoots with the employees there to gain this information. What else can you tell us about their daily operations for the past 8 quarters?

Traveler62

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
i hate Samsung with constant freezes with the Galaxy S 4G.
We also had that poor excuse of an "Iphone killer", that is why I am hesitant to try another Samsung. It was my wife's phone and would overheat, or lockup, or not allow you to make a call all the sudden. It became worthless. She has the M8 and I have used the Sensation and now the M7 which is still going strong, but would like to move to the M9 or G6. I like others will wait until May and see how things look then. May just wait another year if necessary. My M7 seems to get better battery life with each update.

bratt23

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm most definitely upgrading to m9. My htc DNA still working flawlessly except battery life has gone downhill. Received 2 cases today in anticipation and they fit perfectly on my DNA except the change of button placements. Lol. I wonder if the m9+ will come to the states?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali