Upgrade to Note 10 Plus?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I went from a Note 9 to the 10+. Completely worth it. Much better camera. Better performance. This the first time in years I haven't upgraded when I was eligible. May consider the Note 21 5G Ultra if and when available, but this the best phone I've ever had.......

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I bypassed the Note 9 and went to Note 10+ from a Note 8, definitely a good move! This device is awesome! It did take a bit of a learning curve to get used to not having a physical power button, but Iwas forever grabbing the Note 8 and touching that button anyway, turning off my screen.

Not having a physical power button on the Note 10+ does seem to interfere with my ability to engage the Android 11 Cats. hmm, still following up on that.

I just started using Samsung Dex with my Note 10+ and am impressed, so far. Even if it has taken some frustrating steps to get set up.

you will be pleased with moving to the Note 10+.

You can map the Bixby button as physical power button or any other app launcher.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I went from a Note 9 to the 10+. Completely worth it. Much better camera. Better performance. This the first time in years I haven't upgraded when I was eligible. May consider the Note 21 5G Ultra if and when available, but this the best phone I've ever had.......

I think I have to agree. The Note 10 plus is an upgrade in almost every way except for the loss of headphone jack.
The only other thing I cant stand is the on screen finger print scanner compared to on the Note 9. It makes it really difficult to find a good case/screen protector combo. But I have been enjoying it so far. Nice to also finally have a bit faster charging speeds as well.

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I bought the new S21 Ultra with the Spen case. Used it for five weeks and sold it. Went back my Note 10+. Only frustration is the lack of 3.1 from ATT. Hopefully, it will come this week. The Note 10+ with the LED case is perfect for me. Still a good buy.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Samsung is becoming too much like Apple. Which is why I refuse to buy any current generation Samsung devices at flagship level like the S21 Ultra. If I was going to purchase anthing of the like, I would get the S20 Ultra. Watch, I bet you in the next S22 line, either they bring the charger and expandable memory back or at least one of the two.

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought the new S21 Ultra with the Spen case. Used it for five weeks and sold it. Went back my Note 10+. Only frustration is the lack of 3.1 from ATT. Hopefully, it will come this week. The Note 10+ with the LED case is perfect for me. Still a good buy.
Got 3.1 yesterday on ATT so it is available.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Wow. I personally think that the Note 9 has the best camera I have ever used on a smartphone. And sadly, better than the Note 10 plus.

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I went Note 1,2,3,4,8,10+
The latter is hands down the best phone I have owned.
Admittedly I had rooted all the others and had to move from the 8 due top fear of bricking but Samsung and apps had taken the reasons to heart by then and Android 9+ allowed them.

The 8 amazed me with it's camera. The 10+ retained it and optimised the usage on top of all software optimisation.

I soon realised that all buttons to the left was a good move. One thumb to rule them all.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Still on the Note 10 plus. I had initially tried to go back to the Note 9, but performance-wise, the Note 10 plus defeats the Note 9 for me. The phone for the most part is super fast, especially since I turned off animations. I am guessing the 12 GB of RAM is also a great help with that. My NT9 had been struggling to keep up even with simple tasks. The headphone jack being gone doesn't really bother me anymore as you can use the USB-C for headphones and I use it for my AUX cable through 3.5mm to USB-C and no problems. No stupid dongles.

The screen on this phone is beautiful though and noticeably brighter than the Note 9. I don't care much for the hole punch, but the completely full screen display is great. 256 GB of internal storage and combined with my 256 GB of expandable memory for 512 GB is awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyblack