Upgraded to a bigger MicroSD card, everything not showing up, where did I go wrong?

geocab

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

When I bought my Galaxy Note 2, I used the memory card from my 16 Gig card from my Droid X. I didn't have any problems just installing the card and having music and photos show up.

Today, I received my 64 Gig card in the mail. To transfer data from the 16 to the 64 I put the 16 in a card reader, right clicked on it, chose "Copy", and then pasted in a folder I created for it. I then inserted the 64 gig card and copied the contents from the new folder and pasted onto the new card. (After I formatted the new card in the phone.) My photos and videos are showing up, but not all of the video thumbnails are animated like they used to be. When I go to the music player, none of my music is showing up. If I search in My Files, the music is on the card.

Where did I go wrong in the transfer process? Can I do it again another way to make it work like the 16 Gig used to?

Thanks for your help,
Geo

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

When I bought my Galaxy Note 2, I used the memory card from my 16 Gig card from my Droid X. I didn't have any problems just installing the card and having music and photos show up.

Today, I received my 64 Gig card in the mail. To transfer data from the 16 to the 64 I put the 16 in a card reader, right clicked on it, chose "Copy", and then pasted in a folder I created for it. I then inserted the 64 gig card and copied the contents from the new folder and pasted onto the new card. (After I formatted the new card in the phone.) My photos and videos are showing up, but not all of the video thumbnails are animated like they used to be. When I go to the music player, none of my music is showing up. If I search in My Files, the music is on the card.

Where did I go wrong in the transfer process? Can I do it again another way to make it work like the 16 Gig used to?

Thanks for your help,
Geo
Have you tried rebooting the device?