Upgraded to S22 Ultra

colonelpurple

Dec 6, 2022
Visit site
So I did what all the commentators advised against, updated to a S22 ultra from a S21 ultra.
The discounts available now are too big to ignore, and I find updating to the latest phone is always cheapest a few months before its replacement. Paradoxically the opposite of what I used to when buying Apple phones, which I always had delivered on release day.

Anyway, I can say this was well worth an upgrade, key things are:
1. Nicer shape
2. Sharper screen (although the specs just quote a refresh rate upgrade, its obviously a new panel version)
3. Pen is actually really useful, and not jsut for 9 year old to play on :) Especially for highlighting screen captures and photos, e.g. for ebay adverts
4. Speed uplift is not major but noticeable
5. I now have 512gb version - cool!
6. Although camera has same lenses, they seem again to be sharper with slightly better low light, so perhaps the sensors are new incremental version
7. Might be my imagination but I think the fingerprint and face recognition are faster

Anyway, I am very happy I took the decision. The trade in and upgrade was handled very nicely directly by Samsung in a store in London, UK

!!!!

Last edited:

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
...AND S22 to S23, is not supposed to be anything spectacular, so nothing to worry about - you made the right move with the Discounts!!! Congrats and welcome!

Nothing spectacular unless you live in Exynos land!
To be fair though the Exynos 2200 this time around is not that far behind but GPU wise it is still inferior to its Snapdragon rival so unless you are a phone gamer or very picky with some aspects of photography then the differences are not noticable.
It's widely rumoured that the S23 will be powered by the Snapdragon 8 gen 2 worldwide which is what we've been asking for for years, equal parity for everyone, let's see what Samsung decide this time around.

colonelpurple congrats on the new phone, I'm sure you will enjoy it as its one of the best phones out there right now.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Nothing spectacular unless you live in Exynos land!
To be fair though the Exynos 2200 this time around is not that far behind but GPU wise it is still inferior to its Snapdragon rival so unless you are a phone gamer or very picky with some aspects of photography then the differences are not noticable.
It's widely rumoured that the S23 will be powered by the Snapdragon 8 gen 2 worldwide which is what we've been asking for for years, equal parity for everyone, let's see what Samsung decide this time around.

colonelpurple congrats on the new phone, I'm sure you will enjoy it as its one of the best phones out there right now.

It's really not easy waiting with bated breath to see whether the Snapdragon S23 Ultra will come to "Exynos land".