Use cellphone tethering instead of home internet?

A

AC Question

I have Tmobile family plan, so we are 6 people and I am paying 23x2=$46/month (me and wife)

This has unlimited internet of which only 2.5GB is LTE and then it goes down to 3G.
Home internet is some local company which I hate because it charges $85/month for 25MB/s

Last week, for trial purposes I shut down the home router and relied only on cellphone tethering. It worked perfectly.

But when I went over the 2.5GB limit, it slowed down but it was not uncomfortable.

The only problem I had was my cellphone which is HTC ONE M7, got really hot because it was tethering watching a movie on Samsung pad.

If I get rid of my internet and rely on cellphone internet tethering, can the cellphone stand that? Does this set up make sense, anyone else tried this?

Trying to save $85/month here, we only have Comcast as a competitor and it is not cheaper

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
It should work in theory, depends on what you are doing. Sounds like it's making the HTC work fairly hard..
I have a mate who does that with an old S5! If you're not streaming long stuff like moves, you should be fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non