User Name

R

Roy Aguilera

Why did you select the name you use in the forum?
Just curious really.
I'll start,
I used to own a white RHD JDM 92 Integra. People would not call me by my name in the import scene, I was known as the guy with the DA6. Years later the car was stolen and stripped. The name however stuck with me over the years.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I used to go by drm2blv, which many of you know and have seen. I as well was asked nicely to change my name and thats fine with me. It comes from a shortened version of "dreamtobelieve" my old username, which is something I have always liked. It became too long so i shortened it up and then changed my name recently to the real one.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
8notime was my best friends personalized license plate on his 85 Firebird. I always liked it so I hijacked it as my screen name in this, and many other forums. I changed it to my real name to be consistent with Jeremy and other AC contributors.

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Been using it since I was 12 or 13. I like to think of myself as weird. I had a hard time thinking of a screen name when I started playing online games.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
There is an author named Ayn Rand. She's most famous for "Atlas Shrugged". I really like her work. Anyhow, her first "novel" (actually a short story) is entitled "Anthem". The story was very, very formative in my outlook on life. It is a rant against communism (she's from Russia) -- anyhow, the main character is nameless (communism has destroyed the invidividual to the extent that noone has names). He tries to give the gift of knowledge to mankind and is punished and banished. He then chooses his own name - Prometheus.

Prometheus was a Greek mythological character who gave fire as a gift to mankind and was punished and tormented by the gods for this. The mythological story of Prometheus is great by itself, couple that with Ayn Rand's character in Athem and that is one amazing literary figure.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Been using it since I was 12 or 13. I like to think of myself as weird. I had a hard time thinking of a screen name when I started playing online games.

I remember when I was a little kid I called my uncle "weird" -- because he's... well... weird. Well, my parents got all mad and made me apologize. I never understood why. I never meant it as insult. It was the most kind and loving thing one could say to another - to recognize their individuality and unique personality.

Anyhow, 30+ years later, he's still "Uncle Weirdo" -- one of the coolest guys ever. So, from one weird person to another - love the name!

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Part of my first name and the phone extension from my precious job. Don't know why I chose it. It just stuck with me.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
terpitude71, from my days as an obsessive maryland terps fan. and even though i dont follow college football like i used to, the name has stuck with me

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
pun with my last name and car scene as DA6. I recently sold my 1994 300zx where the z comes in and the common potato chips. It's easy to remember.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I used to go by pmkrusty, p- for peaches, m- for millie and k for kit kat and rusty mused to be a popular surfing brand, but everyone pernounced it pm krusty

R

Roy Aguilera

Awesome guys. Now this is a thread with some history. Keep then coming.:D

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I've used this name since I started online with gaming I'm the youngest guy in my family and degregs is part of my last name and 22 is my favorite number, that's how it originated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigthangz80