Using 2 phones

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Good evening!

I am in a situation that I am not necessarily happy with. I currently have tmobile. I bought 2 pixel 6 phones - one for personal use and the other, i was planning on opening another line to use for work. When I got the phones, i called tmobile and asked to add a line and requested esim. I found out that my plan with tmobile is so old, they cannot add a line without changing my plan significantly. I was heartbroken. They recommended digits, but that only works with wifi. For those that use separate phones for work, what other recommendations do you have?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Why are you so stuck on your old plan? If it has to do with cost and you just want service to the other device perhaps try Google Fi. They have a variety of plans and pricing. It may not be as inexpensive as some carriers make adding a line but most carriers also make you pay for data as a separate line charge which can drive the price up.

Of course if you're happy with T-Mo you instead of adding a line just start a new account. Maybe put your "work" device on the old plan and put your personal device on the new one. That way you get all of the benefits of the new service on the device that is near and dear to your heart.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How about using Google Fi on the other phone? If you want the ability to use either of the phones for both personal and work at some point, you could also set up a Google Voice number and associate both phone numbers with it.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Funny enough, I ended up returning the phone from T-Mobile and kept the one I bought outright from the Google store. The Fi idea is growing on me. I just wasn't sure if they have good coverage in southern California. I'm sure they have coverage maps i can check.

Now to think about getting that second phone again...

Thanks everyone for your expertise. It is very much appreciated.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
How much data do you use? T-mobile has a cheap prepaid plan they don't advertise

You know, I've never paid attention to how much data because I have never really separated work from personal. Together i use 5Gb a month. For the first time next year, my job will require me being on the field and so now or would seem like getting a separate line and phone appropriate.

I sure didn't know they had a prepaid option! Would i just ask for it?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You know, I've never paid attention to how much data because I have never really separated work from personal. Together i use 5Gb a month. For the first time next year, my job will require me being on the field and so now or would seem like getting a separate line and phone appropriate.

I sure didn't know they had a prepaid option! Would i just ask for it?

Google prepaid Tmobile plans. Really nice prepaid plans if you are not a heavy data user.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali