Using Android with apple CarPlay

Stu_C

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi all
I have recently just bought a 2019 BMW and it only supports Apple CarPlay, is there a way I can use my android instead without having to pay a 3rd party company to basically take my whole dash apart to fit a new system?

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Sell the car and get one that has Android Auto.

I'm kidding.

I am surprised that it doesn't have AA. There might be some plug in head units that will give you the functionality of AA. I've seen them. They are like a small tablet that you mount in your car that plugs into your USB or something like that. I haven't researched them very much. Maybe you can find a BMW forum online and you would be able to ask there to get some better solutions. Anytime I have car questions about how my phone interacts with it, I usually ask in the car forums. I'm sure Facebook has a BMW group for the year and model of your car. If you don't use Facebook, then I would search for another online forum or go into Reddit.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Joshua Luther1. Pretty unfortunate that the BMW system is so limited -- how old is it? Unfortunately, there's no way to force that system to be compatible with Android Auto. Maybe there's some ultra-complicated hack that I'm not aware of, but you'd have to check BMW enthusiast forums for that, as previously suggested.

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmm just reading on some bmw they don't come with AA , maybe call the dealership see if a different version of your infotainment system can be updated that supports it

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You absolutely sure it doesn't have Android Auto ? Usually if u have car play it will give Android Auto
A quick Google shows that Android Auto is supported by BMWs running live cockpit plus or professional and on OS7 or later... I know basically nothing about cars, but I'm guessing the OP can check this? And possibly upgrade the system software, that probably needs a dealer though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello