using google now instead of s voice

aclerk

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
just picked up the note 3, n9005, and after hours of setting it up, there's now just one annoying thing that is keeping this from being the main phone.

how to swap s voice with google now. both when you double press the home button, as well as the long press on the soft menu button.

any help is much appreciated!

thanks!

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a different launcher so i set a gesture to 1 click the home button for Google now. Haven't really looked for a way on stock touchwiz

Tappin From My N3

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
First, open up S voice and go to settings and uncheck open via home button. Download this app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...eikatou0.appspot.home2shortcut&token=IQymyhJs and when you click the hkme button, choose it as your launcher and set it as default. Under Step one, choose Google as the application. Leave step two as it is and under step three, choose whatever launcher it is, that you are using. Once set, when you double tap on the home button, it will take you straight to Google Search.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

lowlifeplayer

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
First, open up S voice and go to settings and uncheck open via home button. Download this app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...eikatou0.appspot.home2shortcut&token=658M3UL4 and when you click the hkme button, choose it as your launcher and set it as default. Under Step one, choose Google as the application. Leave step two as it is and under step three, choose whatever launcher it is, that you are using. Once set, when you double tap on the home button, it will take you straight to Google Search.

Works really well. I think I notice a slight hesitation but barely noticeable. I'm on the galaxy note 3.

The note 3 beast

whosteeno

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
First, open up S voice and go to settings and uncheck open via home button. Download this app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...eikatou0.appspot.home2shortcut&token=kMLnnLOP and when you click the hkme button, choose it as your launcher and set it as default. Under Step one, choose Google as the application. Leave step two as it is and under step three, choose whatever launcher it is, that you are using. Once set, when you double tap on the home button, it will take you straight to Google Search.

Use Voice Search instead of Google!!

AgentScribe

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
From my headset, I've learned that I can press the headset button to activate S-Voice then I say "open Google Now."

When not in headset mode, I just long-press the home key and press the Now button. It's not optimal but it's not any skin off my back either. Loving this phone despite a few drawbacks from Samsung software that attempts to lock you into their ecosystem.

Posted via Android Central App