Using the G4 with small hands

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have ordered the S6 as of now but im concerned about the battery life with that phone, I would consider the G4 but i have small hands and i am not sure this will be comfortable especially with one handed use. I tried to look in stores at it but because the cable its attached to in a store and not being able to hold it freely i couldnt really judge.

Any opinions on this?

KI3WAN

May 12, 2015
Visit site
The G4 is manageable in 1 hand. My hands are not enormous but after a week, it felt just like my Nexus 4.

I would not use it one handed while texting walking down the street. Two hands is much safer.

Give the S6 a try as I have heard nothing but good things. The battery is not good at all but you can purchase an inexpensive charging brick, like I had with my Nexus 4. It's annoying yes but manageable.

As per the G4's battery life: I have bought 2 spare OEM batteries and a charging cradle from supercosmos on eBay. Its overkill but i will not have to worry about battery life for however long i keep this phone. If you live in the USA, take advantage of LG's free battery promotions as well.

Battery life is amazing compared to my N4. The screen does use most of the battery so if you're comfortable with around 33%-50% brightness you will be fine.

Good luck, both phones are great.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered the S6 as of now but im concerned about the battery life with that phone, I would consider the G4 but i have small hands and i am not sure this will be comfortable especially with one handed use. I tried to look in stores at it but because the cable its attached to in a store and not being able to hold it freely i couldnt really judge.

Any opinions on this?

Go back to the at&t store and have them bring one out for you so you can hold it for a while. Your right as a consumer!

Posted with LG G4 via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, if that's something you're concerned about, then I don't think this is the phone for you. There are many things that are difficult to do with one hand, and if you're used to a smaller phone you'll find it frustrating. If you use two hands, then you'll have no problem.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, if that's something you're concerned about, then I don't think this is the phone for you. There are many things that are difficult to do with one hand, and if you're used to a smaller phone you'll find it frustrating. If you use two hands, then you'll have no problem.

Agreed

Posted via the Android Central App

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I was concerned about the larger size, but I got used to it quickly due to its ergonomic form. Some apps can be tweaked for one handed use (like the phone keypad), but I've used both hands on my phones most of the time to begin with.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I'd say go to the GS6, it's ok one handed but you sort of have to cradle it instead of wrapping your hand around it.

sata

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I see small children messing around with G2 over here...

My very young neice already uses a smaller iPhone, but with one hand :) (edit: I meant two hands)

Last edited:

coldkorn7

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I have pretty small hands for a guy and have no issue using the G4 with one hand. Moved from the Galaxy S3 and don't find handling the phone to be too much worse. It also has one handed mode, so you can have the keyboard on one side or the other. Having volume on the back also make easy access to one hand and the screen on and off is back there, though I use the double tap to wake. Speck Candygrip case helps prevent dropping too.

It recognizes voice to text pretty well also so far. What things are you wanting to do one handed?

Last edited:

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have pretty small hands for a guy and have no issue using the G4 with one hand. Moved from the Galaxy S3 and don't find handling the phone to be too much worse. It also has one handed mode, so you can have the keyboard on one side or the other. Having volume on the back also make easy access to one hand and the screen on and off is back there, though I use the double tap to wake. Speck Candygrip case helps prevent dropping too.

It recognizes voice to text pretty well also so far. What things are you wanting to do one handed?

I generally browse the Web, social media and read one handed

mnamie10

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

Any opinions on this?
I have really small hands and I don't have a problem with it it might tell a little weird at first but you'll get used to it

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Test the phone out in your nearest carrier store first.

The G4 is wider than the S6, so it may be a handful. But like I said, test it out first and use it the way you normally would in order to properly get a feel for the device.

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
So i got my S6 and the jury is still out on the battery but the problem that i have had consistently with Samsung phones is the display, im not a fan of amoled i dont like the over saturation and unnatural colors and it also is very bright even at its lowest settings, its always hard for me to judge in a store what i think of a display it never hits me the same as in my own home, curious what do people think of the G4 display is the colors more natural and similar issues?

roy ellis

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
If I constantly need two hands to use my phone, then its time to buy a tablet.
Set up folders on home screen. Load them your most commonly used apps. Move them to the side of screen that's convenient.
Using the keyboard is the only time I really need to use two hands and even then there's to speech key

Posted via the Android Central App