Using the native calendar app

mannymendez25

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I received my note10+ today and am setting it up. On my current note9, I use the Outlook app to view my emails (office 365 - work email and outlook/hotmail - personal email) and use the native Calendar app to view my calendars. I prefer the native calendar app over the Outlook app.

Firstly, I see that the Samsung email app is gone. I assume this has to do with the Microsoft collaboration and they want users to use the Outlook app for email. My problem is I cannot add my office 365 nor my outlook/hotmail accounts to the native calendar app. One downfall I see already is that that the calendar events on my Office 365 business account does not show up on the Always On display. This is not good. I relied on that all the time.

I see there is a Outlook settings there is an option to sync contacts. When enabled, this will sync your office365 contacts to the native contacts app, however I dont see anything for syncing the calendar.

Hopefully someone comes up with a workaround/fix for this issue.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I received my note10+ today and am setting it up. On my current note9, I use the Outlook app to view my emails (office 365 - work email and outlook/hotmail - personal email) and use the native Calendar app to view my calendars. I prefer the native calendar app over the Outlook app.

Firstly, I see that the Samsung email app is gone. I assume this has to do with the Microsoft collaboration and they want users to use the Outlook app for email. My problem is I cannot add my office 365 nor my outlook/hotmail accounts to the native calendar app. One downfall I see already is that that the calendar events on my Office 365 business account does not show up on the Always On display. This is not good. I relied on that all the time.

I see there is a Outlook settings there is an option to sync contacts. When enabled, this will sync your office365 contacts to the native contacts app, however I dont see anything for syncing the calendar.

Hopefully someone comes up with a workaround/fix for this issue.
Can you download the Samsung calendar app from the Galaxy Store. I use the Google Calendar app. I really like the layout.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
One review I read mentioned that Outlook is the default email app. It’s a solid app and much better than the old Samsung app. It’s hard to believe that the native calendar cannot at least see Outlook events. You must be missing a setting somewhere because that one should at least work. Or there is sometimes a need to DL Google calendar and that acts as a gateway to other calendars. I’m not familiar with that other email app you mentioned.

mannymendez25

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
the calendar app in Outlook is working, i just prefer using the default calendar. Also I use the always on display and it doesnt sync with the Outlook calendar so i cant see my upcoming appointments.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
That would indeed suck since Outlook calendar is subpar. I’ll be watching for a solution from others who already have the phone.

mannymendez25

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I found another major flaw. this one is a big problem for me. In Outlook i use subfolders for contacts. In my note9 i see all my contacts no matter what subfolder they are in, however on my note10+ i only see my contacts that are in my primary contacts folder. this is bad, this is very bad!!!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm still using Samsung Email because it automatically transferred over when I restored from my S10+. But I think I'll check out Outlook and see how it is.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
For debugging purposes maybe you should DL Business Calendar or Digical or any of other major calendars to see if they at least work.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
OK I poked around Outlook for awhile and it's not that great. Doesn't even support the S Pen to the same extent as Samsung Email. Oh, and no Bixby support...if that's something you care about.

mannymendez25

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
arunma, there is no samsung email app so Outlook is the only option

chanchan05, when navigating to Settings>accounts>Add accounts Microsoft Active Exchange is missing. There is an Office option but when I click on it I get a message Open Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Onenote to add an account.

If I click on Outlook, and select account type, Office 365 I get the following error message "login error, The connection to your mail server timed out. Please check your email settings.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Office 365 accounts you can add in Gmail and google calendar if that helps at all.

I have to use Outlook anyway as my calendars are in iCloud

mannymendez25

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, so Im back in business. I did a factory reset and did not do a restore/sync from my Note9. Went to Settings>accounts>Add accounts but adding a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account was not an option in the list. I visited the galaxy apps store and downloaded the Samsung Mail app and now the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is now visible. I added my accounts successfully and all my contacts and calendar events are viewable. I am contemplating in adding the Outlook app.

PS, before doing the factory reset, I did visit the galaxy store and samsung email was not in the listling.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to use that Samsung mail app? I think it’s awful. Slow to refresh. I think I used Nine for Activesync. I’ve got a Max now and am on the fence about getting the Plus.

mannymendez25

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, i installed the outlook app and my contacts and calendars are working with the native Samsung apps. i am a happy camper now. I can go to sleep in peace and finish the final touches tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech