Using your Pixel 4 & 4 XL with no case (naked)?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Been using it more naked with just the dbrand skin lately and without the bumper. I'll slap on a case sometimes when I know I might need one depending what I'm doing like day going to the beach or poolside, but the buttons are very hard to press with the Rhinoshield bumper and don't like the experience.. Not sure if it's just this bumper maybe i got unlucky but after using it for a few weeks I decided not to use it. I'll

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Using your Pixel 4 & 4 XL with no case (naked)?

Right now I'm using it naked. Just got the phone today so didn't have time to browse around for cases.
Been using it more naked with just the dbrand skin lately and without the bumper. I'll slap on a case sometimes when I know I might need one depending what I'm doing like day going to the beach or poolside, but the buttons are very hard to press with the Rhinoshield bumper and don't like the experience.. Not sure if it's just this bumper maybe i got unlucky but after using it for a few weeks I decided not to use it. I'll
How's your pixels holding up the frame any scratches? I keep mine in a case

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So far it's spotless 0 scuffs/scratch's. I've been super careful so far "knock on wood" and the skin makes me feel much more confident bc of the extra grip and knowing it won't let the back get scratched. When I set it down in more delicate than when I have an actual case on.

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
For a long time I've been tempted to use my clearly white pixel 4 XL without a case, but have been afraid to get it physically damaged. However, I can't help to think about how much of the experience I'm losing of how beautiful I think this phone looks and feels in the hand. I've tried clear cases for the look but it's no where near the same look by a long shot in my opinion + you lose the amazing feeling in the hand.

Anyone on here uses their pixel without a case and if so how is it holding up without a case and for how long have you used it without a case?

I'm used to mine in a wallet case that when I do take it out, I find it hard to hold because it feels so thin and delicate. Maybe I got big Trump hands? Lol.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm used to mine in a wallet case that when I do take it out, I find it hard to hold because it feels so thin and delicate. Maybe I got big Trump hands? Lol.
Definitely much easier for me to hold and grip the phone with a case. I agree with you it's much harder to hold without a case do to it's thinnest. Infact I feel that I can type faster and better with it on a case.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
My issue with the phone naked is that if I place on certain surfaces it slides off even though with skin on back it feels great for grip ... And I would have issue seeing scuffs on sides which eventually you going to get using daily ..

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My issue with the phone naked is that if I place on certain surfaces it slides off even though with skin on back it feels great for grip ... And I would have issue seeing scuffs on sides which eventually you going to get using daily ..
The white leather texture on the dbrand skin I have grips I well on even tables for me. I still keep it far enough from edges though.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I don’t find them hard to press ...I’m also not using them as much though...double tap screen off ...
Maybe we receiver a bad batch. No matter how many times I try it just stiff and very hard to press the buttons in. I like them clicky, and they don't need to be super soft or anything but with the bumper it's just so stuff and uncomfortable to even press.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Maybe we receiver a bad batch. No matter how many times I try it just stiff and very hard to press the buttons in. I like them clicky, and they don't need to be super soft or anything but with the bumper it's just so stuff and uncomfortable to even press.
Hmmm maybe .... Double check lift that side by buttons make sure it's sitting right ... I'm hearing clicks on mine just tried it again

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm maybe .... Double check lift that side by buttons make sure it's sitting right ... I'm hearing clicks on mine just tried it again
Did lots of times not matter how I position it. I even removed the buttons and reinstalled them on the bumper still no luck. The buttons clock they work but it's extremely hard to press. Terrible experience for me.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Did lots of times not matter how I position it. I even removed the buttons and reinstalled them on the bumper still no luck. The buttons clock they work but it's extremely hard to press. Terrible experience for me.
Ah man .. sorry to hear it ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny