V20 Roll Call.... Who is still with me and this fabulous piece of equipment?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Great article and we should get security updates for at least 5 years but we don't and we won't so what are we to do? I rely on Norton on my old Note 3 and Razr Maxx HD backed up by occasional scans with Malwarebytes. Only Norton is active.

I'm also very careful what websites I visit. Norton safesearch helps with that.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Great article and we should get security updates for at least 5 years but we don't and we won't so what are we to do? I rely on Norton on my old Note 3 and Razr Maxx HD backed up by occasional scans with Malwarebytes. Only Norton is active.

I'm also very careful what websites I visit. Norton safesearch helps with that.
Until consumers make noise and demand that phones be supported longer we are limited on updates. Just not sure what noise to make.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Until consumers make noise and demand that phones be supported longer we are limited on updates. Just not sure what noise to make.
The only real way is to stick with iPhones or Nexus/Pixel phones which provide updates longer.... but I don't like those phones.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I went a year on my Nexus 6p,and that was about 6 months too long IMHO. As I use the phone, the battery is down to 60% and I would have to send it or take it to someone to replace the battery in it.

No ir blaster, signal quality is not the greatest, Bluetooth has had some hiccups as well as the wifi,and it does not have a working fm radio chip in it.

I thought I would give the phone a fair shake and stay with it, but I was tired of the annoying things with it.

Oh.. I had all the latest updates but they really didn't help.

Mac

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I went a year on my Nexus 6p,and that was about 6 months too long IMHO. As I use the phone, the battery is down to 60% and I would have to send it or take it to someone to replace the battery in it.

No ir blaster, signal quality is not the greatest, Bluetooth has had some hiccups as well as the wifi,and it does not have a working fm radio chip in it.

I thought I would give the phone a fair shake and stay with it, but I was tired of the annoying things with it.

Oh.. I had all the latest updates but they really didn't help.

Mac
IME updates often make matters worse.

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm still here typing on the V20 as you see this post.

With 2 new batteries waiting in the wing, I will be using this phone for several more years considering it'll still work.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with mine and it's still a great performer. I have an extended battery and it lasts for over a day and a half, at least, with heavy use, even when I use the GPS app at the golf course. Unless the V30 keeps the ability to change batteries, I'm keeping my V20.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hopped to a US996 unlocked after the price slash; I used to have a V10 that I traded for a Note 7, and we all know what happened there. I missed this interface; this is like the V10 but better.

Glad you can get it unlocked; lack of updates is troubling, but at least you get Nougat.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with mine and it's still a great performer. I have an extended battery and it lasts for over a day and a half, at least, with heavy use, even when I use the GPS app at the golf course. Unless the V30 keeps the ability to change batteries, I'm keeping my V20.

Your not alone... 👍

Mac

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Still Loving mine despite having put a gouge in the screen. Not the phone's fault, although now I have to figure out what to do about that.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I bet a ton of you swap once the next new phone comes out .. even if a minor upgrade. Not faulting you .. I do the same .. I just am pretty sure to call this :p.

V30--nope. Not a chance.

v40--60/40, yes, depending on what it looks like and does, of course. I just hate upgrading. So much stuff to fix. We'll see.

v50--almost certainly, depending, as noted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939