Verizon data outage

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Noticed I had no data connectivity outside WiFi. Nada. Called Verizon and they said it's a nationwide outage. Anyone else?

cmoore2004

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I had some issues last night. Haven't noticed any today. I attributed it to the latest update.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Razr Maxx

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't get any recent update. My wife has the same phone. She said she has been having data connectivity problems for the last two days, even in what are usually very good 4G areas. I can't even get 3G right now- no data at all. Her phone sitting right next to mine gets 3G. Still not sure if it's a network or phone issue.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
On the phone with Verizon tech support. I just got the 3G symbol back, but the symbol and bars are white and I still have no data. I can still make calls and send/receive texts.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Another strange issue, even when I have good data connectivity, I have never been able to check for system updates under Settings/About Phone. It always tells me that checking for updates is not available and to try again later. My wife's phone, sitting right next to mine, can check and find/download the updates. Makes no sense.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Another strange issue, even when I have good data connectivity, I have never been able to check for system updates under Settings/About Phone. It always tells me that checking for updates is not available and to try again later. My wife's phone, sitting right next to mine, can check and find/download the updates. Makes no sense.

Dial *228 option # 2 to update the phone with the tower

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
*228 doesn't work on the Razr phones. I had 3G and blue bars back for a bit, but still no data and now I'm back to white bars and no 3G again. I think somehow the network is refusing to talk to my phone.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
You are right on *228. I was having network issues with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I got the MAXX and have been trouble free with this phone

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I had data issues today about 3pm in Austin. I was hoping it wasn't phone issues but could tell it was system related. Was acting strange for about 20min max.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, I went to work, about 25 miles from my house, and all the problems are gone. I think its network related and limited to my local tower. However, I still can't check for updates on my phone. Anyone know what might cause that?

I had data issues today about 3pm in Austin. I was hoping it wasn't phone issues but could tell it was system related. Was acting strange for about 20min max.

thabears23

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I live in AZ and haven't had 4g for a day now and its really pissing me off. I was at a road trip to Vegas and my bro and sis both have DROID x and they had service and i didn't at all. Ever since the update been having issues here and there

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I live in AZ and haven't had 4g for a day now and its really pissing me off. I was at a road trip to Vegas and my bro and sis both have DROID x and they had service and i didn't at all. Ever since the update been having issues here and there

That's interesting.

I live in the Surprise area and just bought a Razr Maxx via Craigslist the other day and have been having issues with data-drops. As a test I turned off LTE and the phone's been working fine on 3G.

I thought I might have been in an area with a weak LTE signal but it appears Verizon's been having issues or there's some problem with Motorola's latest update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod