Verizon Device Insurance

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
A close friend is planning a Pixel purchase from Verizon. Verizon has a been pushing for a a purchase of an Insurance policy ($17) for any repairs that may be needed during the life of the Pixel. I've never had such a policy.
I'd like to hear from Pixel users about the Pro's and Con's of such a deal?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm thinking that a $17 plan is for tech support and other stuff including damage or stolen phones. I would definitely look into maybe a lower plan where if you damage it or it gets stolen. I don't personally have any insurance on my phones other than my iPhone when I first bought it for the first two years..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I usually recommend some kind of insurance, since accidental damage won't be covered by warranty, and it's always a bummer if this happens in the first 1-2 years of ownership (i.e., when you weren't planning to upgrade the phone yet), since the cost of repair and/or replacement can be so high for a flagship phone. But $17 mo is pretty pricey -- Google's own Preferred Care is $9/mo (but is only available if you bought the phone directly from them). You could look into SquareTrade, which is also $9/mo.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I'll pass this on.
I personally had a 4 year old Pixel 3 quit on me, because, I told, condensation shorted out the Device. I don't think that insurance would cover a device that old.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I'll pass this on.
I personally had a 4 year old Pixel 3 quit on me, because, I told, condensation shorted out the Device. I don't think that insurance would cover a device that old.

I treat phone insurance the way Dirty Harry treated criminals... you feelin' lucky punk? Yes, yes I am :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twine