Verizon employee discount issue

yroc21

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with unlimited data plan and an employee discount... I need your response especially please.

Long story short Verizon offered me a better plan than I had before while keeping my unlimited data lines! Yes I know I was shocked! Best part is it was legit because it is now 6 months later an everything is still in tact on our family plan.

The issue is my employee discount. The email I received broke down my current plan vs my new plan going forward with all discounts listed. Well low and behold my bill was more than it said. They were not discounting the second unlimited data line on the account. After countless hours on phone and in store I finally got fed up and emailed Tami Erwin, SVP & Grp Pres CMB Sales & Srv. One of her executives emailed me back and we ended up speaking on phone. I showed her the email and she said she would investigate. What do you know she calls me back stating the same BS every other rep/manager I dealt with said...which was...sorry it was a mistake. Well last time I check if you make a mistake you fix it. They want me to accept their mistake and make a deal with them. I told her that is bad business. She offered me 2 years of that discount but said going forward it would not be on account.

I accepted it because I will be escalating this issue now to the CEO as he needs to know what type of practice is going on there. Best part is now that I accepted that discount..what do you know..I received similar looking email as original one with new balance going forward. What makes this email correct and the last one incorrect?!!

So my question is has anyone ever encountered this type of practice from Verizon because I honestly think this is a common practice. They probably think most people won't go thru trouble for a few bucks so they screw around. I willing to take this as far as possible if I find out enough people have encountered a similar practice.

If not I'm willing to bet it is partly because I had 2 unlimited data lines on the account.

Thanks for taking time to read in advance.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Part of the problem is that Tami Erwin works for Verizon, not Verizon Wireless. So if you're pushing up to the CEO, you want John Stratton, NOT Lowell McAdam - because Verizon and Verizon Wireless are not the same company. Tami Erwin obviously would still know people from the wireless world and would still be concerned with the Verizon brand, but she doesn't work for Verizon Wireless and has approximately nothing to do with oversight over Wireless and no involvement in the day to day business of Wireless.

Where do people keep getting her name when escalating issues? You're the third person this year to have emailed or called her office and reported on it this year.

yroc21

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting?! When I searched Verizon wireless executives her name was listed but as far as CEO, John was one I found also. Very weird but thanks for posting this. It probably was/is part of the problem.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
So you're angry that the discount you got wasn't big enough? What did they give you or say they were going to give to you?

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Part of the problem is that Tami Erwin works for Verizon, not Verizon Wireless. So if you're pushing up to the CEO, you want John Stratton, NOT Lowell McAdam - because Verizon and Verizon Wireless are not the same company. Tami Erwin obviously would still know people from the wireless world and would still be concerned with the Verizon brand, but she doesn't work for Verizon Wireless and has approximately nothing to do with oversight over Wireless and no involvement in the day to day business of Wireless.

Where do people keep getting her name when escalating issues? You're the third person this year to have emailed or called her office and reported on it this year.
Honestly it doesn’t really matter... All these get pushed to Verizon wireless executive relations anyways, regardless of who you email.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone with unlimited data plan and an employee discount... I need your response especially please.

Long story short Verizon offered me a better plan than I had before while keeping my unlimited data lines! Yes I know I was shocked! Best part is it was legit because it is now 6 months later an everything is still in tact on our family plan.

The issue is my employee discount. The email I received broke down my current plan vs my new plan going forward with all discounts listed. Well low and behold my bill was more than it said. They were not discounting the second unlimited data line on the account. After countless hours on phone and in store I finally got fed up and emailed Tami Erwin, SVP & Grp Pres CMB Sales & Srv. One of her executives emailed me back and we ended up speaking on phone. I showed her the email and she said she would investigate. What do you know she calls me back stating the same BS every other rep/manager I dealt with said...which was...sorry it was a mistake. Well last time I check if you make a mistake you fix it. They want me to accept their mistake and make a deal with them. I told her that is bad business. She offered me 2 years of that discount but said going forward it would not be on account.

I accepted it because I will be escalating this issue now to the CEO as he needs to know what type of practice is going on there. Best part is now that I accepted that discount..what do you know..I received similar looking email as original one with new balance going forward. What makes this email correct and the last one incorrect?!!

So my question is has anyone ever encountered this type of practice from Verizon because I honestly think this is a common practice. They probably think most people won't go thru trouble for a few bucks so they screw around. I willing to take this as far as possible if I find out enough people have encountered a similar practice.

If not I'm willing to bet it is partly because I had 2 unlimited data lines on the account.

Thanks for taking time to read in advance.
The current employee discount for nationwide only is applicable to the primary line of a family plan and account access charge. You can separate the lines into individual lines and the discount would apply to both lines. This has nothing to do with unlimited data, I have a mix of unlimited data and tiered data on my family plan and none get the discount other than the primary line. I also a few had individual lines which also got the discount at the time. Note that certain plans like the 30 minute /$15 voice plan don't get any discounts.

cory almeida

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes i understand this now but before i switched my plan they told me both data lines would get discount. So i had the rep email me it in writing which ended up being a generic email that is sent out when there is a plan change. That email showed my plan going forward with all applicable discounts. Both data lines were discounted on the email but when i received all my recent bills, only one line was discounted bc it was only suppose to be that one line as stated above. The thing that got me was the email had in big black bold letters right at top "Your bill going forward so there are no Surprises" hahaaaa i asked what that meant every person i spoke with and no one could answer me! my whole problem with it was the fact that they told me the email was a mistake and that i have to accept that. As a consumer, me or anyone else should not have to put up with this type of treatment! I accepted the 2 yrs worth of discount and i will be looking further into what else i can pursue as my time was wasted. Every single person i came in contact with had no answer/solution to problem other than it was a mistake and they all gave me same response. as far as the nationwide discount is concerned, when my wife had her discount thru her previous employer, both our data lines were discounted as well as the main portion so i don't know what changed. what is obvious is the communication within this company is very bad. If I ask to talk with a executive and they can't give me a better response other than it was a mistake, then they have failed as a company. Multi billion dollar company that makes mistakes that they won't own up to and fix is new territory for me. I compare this to signing a lease for a car or apartment and then after the first month the payment is not what you and the other party agreed upon and they just expect you to accept it.

I do know one thing..since i have the 2 years worth of discount applied, hopefully within the next few years one of the competitors offers better plans(unlimited data hopefully) and better coverage for me and i will be leaving them just bc of this bad business. But until then my wifi is off going forward ;)

cory almeida

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
So you're angry that the discount you got wasn't big enough? What did they give you or say they were going to give to you?

Im angry that they sent me an email breaking down my plan which showed both data lines were getting my employee discount and yet they said its not possible. Then they told me that the email was a mistake and that i would not receive the discount on 2nd data line. they pretty much would not own up to their mistake and they wanted me to just deal with it.

cory almeida

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
The current employee discount for nationwide only is applicable to the primary line of a family plan and account access charge. You can separate the lines into individual lines and the discount would apply to both lines. This has nothing to do with unlimited data, I have a mix of unlimited data and tiered data on my family plan and none get the discount other than the primary line. I also a few had individual lines which also got the discount at the time. Note that certain plans like the 30 minute /$15 voice plan don't get any discounts.

when my wife had her employee discount within the last 3 years tho, we did get both data lines discounted then. So based on that and me receiving the email stating both data lines would be discounted, i would tend to think i still would get it. but then the manager at local verizon store read me their policy stating its only off primary line. so i asked why you guys would send me a email with wrong info. he stated he had no idea and that i would have to call CS again. sounds to me like everything else in this world, when there isn't an answer the customer wants to hear, they will keep passing the buck. no ownership, they can't take responsibility, so instead VZW tells me i should understand that people make mistakes! really? that is your answer to an angry customer? shows the lack of customer service they have within the company.

hey it is what it is right now..they will lose me as a customer as soon as a competitor offers me something remotely close to what i have no and what i pay now. they prob won't care but ill feel a whole lot better not giving them anymore money when that time comes. but i have 2 years to think it over as i did receive the credit as of now on my account. i will keep you all updated if anymore transpires from this. ]

and remember just bc they give u something in writing does not mean its true. seeing the whole contract era is coming to an end, seems like nothing will ever be signed anymore for a consumer to hold as a binding contract again these big bullies

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Im angry that they sent me an email breaking down my plan which showed both data lines were getting my employee discount and yet they said its not possible. Then they told me that the email was a mistake and that i would not receive the discount on 2nd data line. they pretty much would not own up to their mistake and they wanted me to just deal with it.

Was the email system generated? That could be the cause -- the system showing it incorrectly.

cory almeida

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
yes it seems as if it were a generated email but again that is not mine or your problem. that is all we can go based on when a plan changes so if that is the problem then they should own up to it and move on and fix it internally. not tell me that i should understand mistakes happen. either way i have received 3 different generated emails. what makes the most recent one the correct info? i mean the first 2 emails i received obviously had wrong info and now since speaking with this executives assistant i have since received another email with my plan broken down again

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

They did own up to their mistake by compensating you the difference for 2 years. Verizon can make changes at anytime however you can cancel without etf if they fail to negate the difference, but they did negate it here.

So... They have done their part, per the customer agreement...

If you want then you can ask them to move you back to your old plan... But beyond that, Verizon doesn't owe you anything.

And sure they don't care about the customer much... But they have been that way for some time and they are still number 1. If they ever fall to number 3 then you will see their customer service offering a more conciliatory tone.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

Employee discounts only work on the minutes portion as well as the first line of data, so for future reference, there is no way around this.

For comparison, the new Verizon plan is only on the data portion.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
yes it seems as if it were a generated email but again that is not mine or your problem. that is all we can go based on when a plan changes so if that is the problem then they should own up to it and move on and fix it internally. not tell me that i should understand mistakes happen. either way i have received 3 different generated emails. what makes the most recent one the correct info? i mean the first 2 emails i received obviously had wrong info and now since speaking with this executives assistant i have since received another email with my plan broken down again
It does suck but.. Sometimes systems mess up. Only some companies will honor what it says unless it truly wasn't supposed to do that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg