Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
rumors/thoughts/speculation are that Google will announce ICS and Prime sometime in Oct, for release in late Nov or Dec. nothing confirmed, tho.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Can we get some juicy leaks please? :)

If Google were to release some juicy tidbits about ICS, and if it really is groundbreaking, it might make a lot of people wait before they decide on the next phone. I know a bunch who are almost ready to jump ship to iPhone 5.

jtrow9

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had my BB Curve for 2.5 years...I am trying to get a Nexus S for a good deal to hold out for this phone and save my upgrade.

A good leak would be nice. I think if they announced officially who was making it would be enough for people to salivate a little more.

With the Bionic and GS II it seems like even though people complain they are willing to wait a long time for something.

d-backs1#AC

Banned
Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
rumors/thoughts/speculation are that Google will announce ICS and Prime sometime in Oct, for release in late Nov or Dec. nothing confirmed, tho.

Rumors said google pushed it up for a oct release so I would assume they would have an event in sept or early oct if it is going to be released in oct.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Rumors said google pushed it up for a oct release so I would assume they would have an event in sept or early oct if it is going to be released in oct.

that wouldn't surprise me. but, with Google, there may not be a lot of lead time. I think they announced the first Nexus the same day it was released....?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Can we get some juicy leaks please? :)

If Google were to release some juicy tidbits about ICS, and if it really is groundbreaking, it might make a lot of people wait before they decide on the next phone. I know a bunch who are almost ready to jump ship to iPhone 5.

I would love some more Information too. But i don't think Google would want to Release it so people wouldn't but other devices. That's like biting the hand that feeds you. The more Manufactures sell the bigger Android gets. If they were to release the specs and some dates on the phone it would hurt the with the manufacturers. On the Other hand Its like COD , everyone knows Google will release a phone around October more or less , so they want to release their phones before so they can sell them and work on the new ones for ISC.

About jumping Ship to I5 It will be their loss not to grab one of the great Phones out now and coming soon. Good luck to them if they do but hopefully they can be a little more patient.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Both the Nexus-One and Nexus-S weren't really leaked until at least a month before release. November last year is when we first saw blurry cam pic's of the Nexus-S.

We have to wait for all four U.S. carriers to release their versions of the Samsung Galaxy S II first, then maybe after that we start seeing Nexus-Three leaks. So I wouldn't expect good leaks until end of October most likely.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I never believed that the next Nexus would come to Verizon... until today.

Saygus Vphone receives Verizon certification:
It's important to note that this is the first (and currently only) android device to receive Verizon's ODI certification. What this means is that while the device itself will run on Verizon's network, it won't be officially "supported" by them, meaning it should ship without CityID, Vcast, and the other applications Verizon puts on their other devices. This isn't a Nexus device, but it's the closest thing Verizon users have seen to a stock Android device since the original Droid.

If Verizon is now allowing "ODI certified" devices, this makes the Nexus 3 a prime candidate (no pun intended).

d-backs1#AC

Banned
Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I would love some more Information too. But i don't think Google would want to Release it so people wouldn't but other devices. That's like biting the hand that feeds you. The more Manufactures sell the bigger Android gets. If they were to release the specs and some dates on the phone it would hurt the with the manufacturers. On the Other hand Its like COD , everyone knows Google will release a phone around October more or less , so they want to release their phones before so they can sell them and work on the new ones for ISC.

About jumping Ship to I5 It will be their loss not to grab one of the great Phones out now and coming soon. Good luck to them if they do but hopefully they can be a little more patient.

But the thing is you can't admit apple has their phones software and hardware running so smoothly if android could do this then it would keep some of those on the fence on android. Not to mention how long it takes for updates compared to IOS.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping for some prime to vzw confirmation before the end of september. My og droid has treated me well but she needs to retire soon.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
But the thing is you can't admit apple has their phones software and hardware running so smoothly if android could do this then it would keep some of those on the fence on android. Not to mention how long it takes for updates compared to IOS.

That's not the case as Android updates more frequently than Apple does. It's deceptive due to the fact we hear so many horror stories of devices not getting the support they deserve.

nbajam

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

The average Android user isn't hanging out on these forums, crying about when their phone is going to get the next upgrade. Hell I'd be surprised if most users even know of an update before seeing the OTA pop up.

Last edited by a moderator:

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I would say the Epic users would beg to differ on the crying lol... We waited a long time for 2.2 lol..
Went you have an open platform you run that risk. If you compare the Nexus S to the I4 it is updated on time and more often. that is the only downside of Android , the carriers and Manufacturers add their apps and skins that effect the experience for the go or bad of the phone. But in return they give you many choices and these skins and apps can be hidden, removed and/or changed out. Android has its faults just like everything else , but i'll stick with them...

Bond111

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

If Verizon is now allowing "ODI certified" devices, this makes the Nexus 3 a prime candidate (no pun intended).

I completely forgot about this phone. It was more of a ghost than the Nexus was for Verizon. At the time it would have made a great phone, but if it took this long for this phone to pass certification, then it makes me wonder why any other company would want to make this type of phone.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I hope this isnt the case and it is supported because that would mean you could only buy it full retail off contract. And if rumors are true of thy being 4G, it would be expensive off contract.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid