Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
If you read the posts he was addressing, you would realize he was clearly referring to those buttons.

Yeah, if you guys remember, they want it to be like honeycomb on tablets. That means you'll still have power and volume buttons, just none of the touch capacitive face buttons (and sometimes physical).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
i know - it's turned into an Abbott and Costello routine about buttons... :confused:
I blame myself for this. Sorry guys, I was trying to start conversation on where the power button might end up. Like top, bottom, left side, right side, behind (think xoom). Then someone got confused and replied to me thinking I was taking about getting rid of it like the 4 standard buttons. Sorry for the communication error and the derailment of this thread.

Reactions: EggoEspada

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Andy Rubin- We have the Nexus program and the lead device strategy. What we do is we select an OEM around Christmastime of each year -- a chip company, everything else -- and they all huddle together in one building, and around the holidays a new device pops out. That won't change, Moto will be a separate business and part of that bidding process.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I blame myself for this. Sorry guys, I was trying to start conversation on where the power button might end up. Like top, bottom, left side, right side, behind (think xoom). Then someone got confused and replied to me thinking I was taking about getting rid of it like the 4 standard buttons. Sorry for the communication error and the derailment of this thread.

On my part I didn't take it as you meant getting rid of the buttons and felt you derailed anything. The threat at that moment was at a halt. So if my comment lead to it I am sorry. I was Quoted but I am sorry if I played a part in it.

I don't think the Merger of G & M will change the Nexus coming this year unless they were the chosen company from before & not Sammy... But Moto's Next phone will be interesting.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
% of the next Nexus being a Samsung or Motorola made device ?

With the news today it could be Motorola now, because I always thought Google wanted a different manufacturer on the Nexus each year. HTC was first because they made the G1, and were early Android adopters. Samsung got second Nexus, at that time they were really starting to roll with Android, and getting popular. I assumed after the Nexus-S came out that Motorola was just a shoe in for the Nexus-Three, I thought there was some big buzz last Fall with Motorola submitting for a Nexus-Two but Google chose Samsung instead, so I just thought they would go M this third round, regardless of this buyout news today.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Andy Rubin- We have the Nexus program and the lead device strategy. What we do is we select an OEM around Christmastime of each year -- a chip company, everything else -- and they all huddle together in one building, and around the holidays a new device pops out. That won't change, Moto will be a separate business and part of that bidding process.

As reported here, If Moto was the winning bidder last Christmas, I don't think Google will go and change the way they operate. IMO the NexS was copy of the GS1 for the states To get 2.3 out and if Sammy won the bidding last Xmas, Then this year as stated in the beginning, Sammy will make a new device that is made just for ICS.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The acquisition of Motorola Mobility won't chance anything, especially as far as the Nexus Prime is concerned. The buy out is purely to acquire their patent portfolio to fend off competitors attacks at Android. Don't see much changing outside of that.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I hope it does just because it would put Google's Nexus line in a status all of its own. It will be a true world phone that can be used on any carrier. Thats if it can be done with the same phone. It will be so cost effective for it to be made the same for anyone to sell on any carrier. I don't know if that would make it a thick heavy phone but still. I will stick with Sprint and what ever model they get.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm eagerly awaiting the prime to hit Verizon airwaves no matter the manufacturer.

I just hope a future nexus device will be moto built with hardware reminiscent of the og Droid and the DX. No device I've owned/used has felt as quality as those two.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid