Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Loss on sleep

stpete

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
This problem happens when I'm at home and my phone goes into standby for a significant amount of time. When I hit the power button, there are signal bars, but no 3G. I've tried setting the phone to CDMA only and CDMA/LTE with no joy. This has just started happening in the last month or so. Before that it was OK. I can't correlate the problem with anything I've done. My phones have never had a problem at my house and my wife's Incredible2 has no problems.
If I keep it alive and mess around with it, it will eventually pop up 3G and all will be well again. But having to wait 2-3 minutes every time you want to use the phone is pretty annoying. It usually doesn't happen when I'm out running around, but does happen at the house and at work where the phone sits still and in standby for an hour or so between power ups. Is there a setting I may have changed?

Thanks
- Jay

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Start by making sure that Data While Roaming is on (settings, mobile networks, check data roaming). You will not incur extra charges for using data while roaming unless you are outside the US.

Then go into Developer options and check to see what background process limit you have. I have standard limit.

Neither of these may have anything to do with your problem, but try them anyhow as I was recommended by tier 2 VZW techs to check these when I have signal problems.

It's almost like your phone is going into airplane mode when it goes to sleep.

stpete

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Both those options are Ok. It really only happens after it has sat for an hour or so. Also doesn't seem to happen if I keep it in a pocket and it is moving around with me. Just if I leave it on the desk and/or charger.

rosie78

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem. I just changed it to add "data while roaming". The one thing i did th at made it better was to turn on the wifi. I never use 4g. I drop calls too much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick