Verizon Galaxy S4: preventing KitKat update

mdgleonard

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have s4 sch- i545 with Verizon. No over the air update yet. And I do not want it. Is there a way to prevent/block update? Ph not rooted.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

JLTEEXO

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Settings > more tab > about device > software update > make sure your "auto update" is unchecked

So from now if you want to do an update you'll have to do it manually

dimm0k

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: preventing kit kat update

as far as I know there is no way to prevent the OTA update to download to your device unless you mever use wi-fi. my device is rooted and have a whole bunch of Samsung/Sprint bloatware stopped and frozen, however despite all of that the OTA update still downloaded to my device. you do have a choice after it downloads whether to install or not however and installing it requires you to physically press the button to accept it to reatart the device and install. if you choose not to install however you'll constantly see in your notification panel the system update message.

if you're rooted however you can get rid of that message...

wolfman7828

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I have an S4 with T-Mobile the way I've been keeping the update from showing up is disabling the "software update" in the application manager ALL section. Not sure if you can do the same thing on Verizon's S4 but worth a try.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haroonseo