Verizon has issues recognizing its phones

Bassman125

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I didn't exactly want to post this in general, because it only applies to Verizon, so I thought I'd just post it here. I got an email today about some deal Verizon is having and noticed two things:

1. The Thunderbolt isn't being pitched
2. The Droid X2 isn't the Droid 3....(see photo to see what I mean)

This leads me to believe that Verizon thinks the TB is already "old" news and really isn't worth selling anymore when compared to other phones. Oh well, because imagine how awesome phones will be in 2 years when the contract's up!!

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
All it really should lead you to believe is that VZW was only going to devote 1 out of 4 ad spots to a 4G phone. So it chose the Revolution. No big deal.

-Frank

And you have to assume that they picked that one because of the Netflix deal they have going on it.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've actually seen a few new Thunderbolt commercials the last month or so. Not sure why you say they aren't "pitching" it.

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Jude is all about necroing threads...

Vigor = incredible hd could be based solely on the look, and I agree

Verizon never spends money on anything without the Droid brand.
I did have to watch about a thousand thunderbolt ads on hulu.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thunderbolt is getting close to 6 months since launch. Not at all surprised if it's not the "featured" phone on all of Verizon's ads.

I love my Thunderbolt, no buyers remorse at all. Having said that, however, if I'm shopping for a new phone RIGHT NOW, I'm looking right past it. The way I see it, if I'm going to be forced into a two year contract, I might as well grab the newest, highest-spec phone possible...because it's gonna be obsolete well before my upgrade is due no matter what I do! I'm sure a lot of people are still buying Thunderbolts, but it's not the "hot" item anymore, especially now that Bionic is out.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The bionic just came out though. The TB when it first came out couldnt stay on for three hours at a time without a reboot.

Every phone has problem in the first month or so. I do not like the bionic but give it time to get its sea legs

Charged up post!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Definitely has more issues than the TB. Some lucky users were able to get Motorola to replace them. Cnet found bugs. Am glad they owned up to it for these users and SHOULD for everyone that got a bad device. That's a chunk of change to invest on a phone. It shouldn't have so many issues.
I am not unhappy with HTC.

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I personally hold off when a device is released. Let it be out for awhile . I just got the TB and I like it a lot. I hope everyone can be happy with a phone whatever they choose.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Now, and when they get gb released officially the tb will be a great phone. The early days were tough. I as well as you wait just a bit before i get a phone to see what i am up against

Charged up post!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Definitely has more issues than the TB. Some lucky users were able to get Motorola to replace them. Cnet found bugs. Am glad they owned up to it for these users and SHOULD for everyone that got a bad device. That's a chunk of change to invest on a phone. It shouldn't have so many issues.
I am not unhappy with HTC.

This is why I found it funny when, a few months ago, there were so many users on this TB forum saying things to the effect of, "As soon as the Bionic comes out, I'm gonna replace my Thunderbolt!" ... as if ANY new device wasn't gonna have bugs to work out. Yeah, right!

As an early adopter, you HAVE to be ready to deal with potential software bugs and hardware issues. If there is a real problem with a device, of course Verizon should replace it, but for many software-related issues, it requires a degree of patience while the manufacturer develops a fix.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Motorola held off for quite awhile before releasing the Bionic and the issues are a quality control in my opinion. And with all of them it seems to have been a bad batch. Some people from what I had heard were actually given replacement phones directly from Motorola. I think they should take a step further and recall the devices from Verizon and send out a new batch. Cars get recalls all the time and have the parts replaced. So, why can't Motorola own up to this huge expensive mistake and make it right?
The issues are big and for the cost of this device......I am glad I didn't get it.
I always wait as I mentioned before and it saves me a lot of grief. But many people don't want to wait.
Before people took advantage of Verizon's policy, there was a 30 day ride to see if the phone was going to truly work out for you. And even Sprint followed suit on that because they wanted to "be as good". But all good things came to an end because people were taking advantage of this. Verizon changed it back to the 14 day policy. Personally, I don't think that gives proper time to see if a phone is going to work out. They could revamp that 30 day policy and have specifics to it.